CHAPTER | ONE

Quote of the day: "Immature love says: "I love you because I need you" Mature love says:"I need you because I love you"

- Erich Fromm

Chapter 1 

"Daisy! Where do I put this?" Alec yelled from the laundry room. I dropped my earphones on my MacBook Pro and got off the couch. 

"Ugh. I swear to God, Alec, If you are touching my bra--" 

"Take it easy" He interrupted me. I stood at the stairwell to see him."I'm not holding your bra, I'm holding your panties" He smiled and held it like a specimen.

I got closer and snatched it from him. "Go home. Your dad's is going to fucking kill you. Do you know what time it is?"

"Aye! C'mon, I already said I'm staying over" He looked at me with his light brown eyes.

I snorted "Your parents trust me?" I crunched my eyebrow knowing that Alec and I were best friends. Even though I knew his parents never exactly liked me enough to actually trust me.

"Yeah, of course they trust you. It's me they don't trust, though" He smiled over the thought. I went behind him and started pushing him upstairs. "So we sharing a room?" He chuckled over that.

"My brother is coming back from work at 10, you know that right" I challenged him. He hates my brother. Or should I say my brother hates him. Which makes everything more easier for me. 

I grabbed the knob of the door. The cold air from outside gushed out. It was the end of summer, fall was headed are way.

"Your so cute, Dimples, that's not going to work on me this time" He grinned facing me.

"What did I say about calling me that" I puckered my lips."People will get the wrong idea. Were not a couple after all" 

"Ready when you are" He took the door from me and closed it. 

"Shut up, dickhead" I rolled my eyes.

"Tisk Tisk, how many times have I told you that women shouldn't talk with foul mouth" He laughed.

I dropped on the couch feeling defeated. Alec will never listen to me, always getting what he wants. He sat next to me staring, as usual. Always fascinated in what I was doing. We've been best friends since pre-school. Alec knows everything there is to know about me. And I know everything there is to know about him. 

"Did you finish 'To Kill A Mockingbird'" He started with another annoying conversation. 

"Yeah, I got it done with last night. I'll give to you later. To lazy to go upstairs" We have our secret exchange of books every week. It all started in the beginning of junior high when I discovered Alec was a secret bookworm. I decided to keep it to myself and not say anything. But he blackmailed me 'just in case'. Saying he'd tell everyone my crush on a boy at school if I didn't join his one man club. I obeyed nearly shitting in my pants of fear. But soon enough I didn't mind reading. 

"I'll go get it" He announced in joy. He'd been wanting to read it forever. 

"Maybe you should have read it first before giving it to me, dumbass" I yelled after him. 

I looked over to the kitchen to my left. The house was weirdly built. The living room and the dinning room connected to kitchen. So you have a full out view of everything. Flowers and plants that matched the curtains to the photos of my...family. 

I shake my head violently. I hated the thought. But I couldn't stop staring at that one photo. I couldn't stop staring at...them.

I heard someone clear the throat. Alec. Forgot about him.