4.The Singhs

Abhay pov

the more I postpone this, the more it will harm Swetha, i have to act quickly i don't want to disappoint her. I look outside the car as i ponder about this, i am going to my scheduled shoot'  - i messaged Swetha it is the next day morning, and i am going to work. while a delicate hand came in contact with my hand stopping me from texting Swetha.

this is my manager Srishti Srivastav, she studied college together with me and Swetha at St. Jonas College in the USA, I remember both me and Srishti were uninterested in our engineering major. on the first day we met, i knew we would become friends and we did....she is my good friend. She is my manager..... actually, recently a year back when my previous manager resigned i recruited Srishti because i liked her work ethic. she is my friend so, i feel comfortable with her.

i raised my head and looked at her with a questioning gaze " We are almost here, don't be late" she said softly. i nodded and threw my phone into my bag. i have a packed schedule today, i planned on going to my parent's house to inform them about my decision regarding me and Swetha and i have to try this new brands clothes, and shoot an ad, i was getting busy and did not see Srishti smiling behind my back.

Srishti pov

men are stupid, there i said it. 

it is true, i come from a fairly mid rich family just like Swetha but my dear Abhay  from a rich family, only dated her ? i mean does it make sense? he never even looked at me in college how much ever i tried.

it is so hard trying to stay in his circle, so i made a plan. with my father's help i made abhay's previous manager resign and i  managed to join taking her place. i made a good impression so that he will gradually like me.

i am obviously better than swetha , i am curvier, prettier and richer... while swetha is just a boring techno girl ...there is no way abhay will not soften In front of me. i have to make abhay notice me he will come to me . "oi Srishti, can you help me pick?" abhay called me from a distance...."yes, select this one" i beside him and selected clothes that suited his personality for the ad...as his manager i don't have to do this but i like it when he depends on me and asks for my opinion. it shows how much he trusts me.

after completing ad shoot we both went to sighs house, to meet abhay's parents.

"hello aunty" i said and abhay bent down to touch his parents feet "hello " she said lifting abhay up. she  looks at her son lovingly and asked the kitchen to prepare more dishes" let's eat dinner" she suggested and we nodded.

we sat down to eat and i notice all the dishes on table were abhay's favorite but abhay did not notice this, he showed a scowl as he was contemplating something and at last he started " ma, i am getting engaged to swetha, we need your blessings".

" what? beta swetha's family is not a match for us, listen to me ..."

"no, please don't interfere! this engagement will happen even if you don't attend "

"nothing like that will happen" his father said in stern voice.

"its okay don't fight, i just thought Singhania's daughter would be more suitable for you son, they also have a production company " his mother sighed and mentioned Singhania's . i looked at the table dumbfounded the Singhania's? every artist wants to be signed in the Singhania's . i bit my lips waiting for abhay's answer, my appetite is gone now.

"i love swetha, not this Singhania's beti, I am thinking of moving forward in our relationship, swetha wants it."

"fine then, you.. thinking of settling is good indeed", his father replied  trying to maintain the atmosphere and his mother nodded, "we can support you but we have some conditions" .