19. The wedding

Anand's pov

it is finally the day i was waiting and wishing for....the dream i had for years is going to be fulfilled today, to hold her, to make her mine, and to take care of her.

muhurat was at 10:10 and i got ready before 9 o clock sitting there waiting for her, then at somewhere near 10:30 she came down the aisle, dancing with her brides maids, looking like a goddess...she was wearing red and that morning sun glow hitting her face....she looked at me and smiled while doing dance steps gracefully but i don't even remember the song to which she was dancing.

after varmala, (garland exchange) we went in to the mandap and sat down, in the midst of all the rituals, priests singing ved and mantras .....i was only looking at her.... she smiled at me signaling me to concentrate but how could i concentrate when she is beside me?

i came out of my trance when the priests asked me to take rounds around the fire with her

with every step we took together i made one  promise to her concluding at seven steps and seven promises of marriage.

in the last step she went before me and guided me, we sat down after that and priest gave me a Mangal sutra, which i tied slowly to her neck claiming her, and becoming hers, then the priest  small box that contains sindhur(vermilion), i took it in my hands and pinched the sindhur powder between my forefinger and thumb.....i turned to look at her and tanmayi helped swetha, lift her maang tikka(head jewelry) . with all my heart and sincerity, i placed the powder on the crown of her forehead.

gently, while some sindhur slowly fell on her nose...i lifted my eyes from her nose to her eyes and our eyes meet....in her watery eyes i saw myself, her and so many emotions and promises and our happy future ahead. i smiled at her and we both see people showering us with blessings and flowers

today i married her in front of our closest family and friends as testimony like i promised...i held her hand and promised i would never leave it again, she gave me a chance....i will never let her regret it.

 the priests all together chanted shub managal saavadhan( let this marriage be fruitful) the whole marriage took at least 2 more hours to complete...in between our families and friends well wishes. we went back to freshen up and go home after this.

Swetha's pov

i woke up at 8 o clock today because i couldn't sleep again yesterday...everyone around me meeting after a few years had so much to gossip or talk at some point every one was sleeping except me

it is true that i am very excited for this marriage but i don't know for what i was staying awake, looking at the stars

i was tired with too many people trying to tell me how my make up should be, or comments about mu dupatta style, which bindi should i wear...does my wedding outfit looks good on me or not...also people judging my choices. 

as if this is not enough to irritate me kids running around, shouting or crying-their mothers running after them was definitely bringing out the bridezilla out of me, what are their fathers doing they cannot even take care of kids for an hour while their wife's get ready?

uffff....everything is irritating to me at this point...even my mom trying to feed me some juice, i went outside for some air, but i am not even allowed to do that...like you want me to die?

"bhootni jaisi shakal kyu banayahua hain?" tanmayi put the plate she was carrying on the bed

i pouted and made a face at her

"dhikhao...are wah kitni sundar lagrahi hain! dekho aunty!"

haan! my mother gave me a kiss as she pinched my chin...tears escaped her eyes....she rubbed of some kajal from her eyes and applied it behind my ears