14. first date❤️

Swetha's pov

After a week of searching and talking with the candidates on the call/video calls, i am going on a date at last.

this would be my first date ever, why you ask? it is because the only boyfriend i had was Abhay and we met in college- he came to tell me that he liked me and we started dating, without even me knowing, ahem- let's not talk about the past. so a date- even an arranged one-this is the first for me- Swetha Parihar.

i was getting ready, while being on a video call with my bestie.

"should i wear this or this?", i asked her while showing her two outfits

"wear that white kurti, white looks good on you", she said.

"what if he asks me about my ex?"

"be honest maybe?"

"i don't know yaar, what if it is like those video calls/phone calls!"

she sighed and said..."broo...don't even mention those-how can they treat you like a second hand product?...i get it this is not easy.."

"yaa, but i am trying.."

"only that matters, all the best! muah" she blew a goodbye kiss and screen went black.

like tannu said, some people asked why i was cheated on, if i am defective or if there is some thing wrong with me . some treated me like a commodity, a alias for my parent's money, company. some tried to put me down saying i am second hand because my first love will always be someone else's. some aunty's said i am intolerable and irritating so my boyfriend left me, or i am not good at sex....rumors are wild, others might think people from richer communities are open minded but that is absolutely wrong they are even more superstitious that middle class people.

Swetha's white kurta

i took blessings from my parents and Dadi- and got ready to go out, my parents walked with me till the car 

"what if he doesn't show up?" i asked my father

"don't worry we have a second one ready" my mother winked.

hahahh, i laughed thinking that it is a joke but my father was serious i continued seriously with a ? expression.

"haa, someone called and said they'll be available today too".

"oh, so i have two dates today?"

"maybe?....actually he is the one your brother recommended".

"that chotu, Chirag?"(shorty)

"haan, take care and call me if you leave early....we will call the second one" he said joking and waving at me

"are we that desperate now?" i asked

"nope, they are the desperate one's beta". he explained, "but there is no point in wasting a day"