11. scandal again!

Swetha's pov

"Swetha you're late again today," keerthana said looking at me 

"morning!"  i replied

"devil is here and she asked for you!" She said giving a side eye, implying my office.

i showed her a shocked, scared expression and went inside my office, to talk to the devil.

"Hello Dev-dadi ji", I bent down touching her feet for blessings

hmm she said grumpily moving her face away to the side not even blessing me.

i stood up and she said..."yeh sab humare ghar mein nahin chalega...going for trips for a week?"(these kind of things don't work in our family,)

"business trip dadi" i reminded her, but she replied with " jo bhi ho"(whatever) waving her hand.

"lunch hain family ke sath aaj" she got up from the chair(lunch with family)

"tumhe baki parivar dekhna chahta hain...ache kapdon mein aana aise nain", she said and went to her eldest grandson's office, while i looked at my attire. I am wearing decent office casuals? why is she looking at me like i was wearing a bikini?.(rest of the family wants to meet you, wear better clothes)

never mind, i have to complete my work faster now....aaah...on the day i am even late! 

i took my families car  after going home and changing my clothes to a casual  t-shirt and jeans, i started for abhay's family home, calling abhay while still travelling and someone else picked up

"hello"

"hi Srishti"

"abhay is reading his script with the director right now", she said without me asking, why does she  have his mobile all the time?

"it is a little urgent can you....i asked awkwardly",...i cannot even call my fiancé? why did i give people permission to treat me like this.

"okay", she went and called abhay giving him the mobile saying urgent call and he picked up.

"swetha?" he said maybe after looking at his screen

"abhay i am going to your house today to meet your family will you go with me?... i am nervous", i asked even though i expected his reaction

"no, swetha i have a meeting and you know, i hate that family....there is no need for you to go also"

"but your dadi invited me, she came to my office, we have to respect elders"

"so what?" , "you can go then" he continued

"abhay..do you even love me? did you ever consider my opinions? feelings?" i asked, i just said i am nervous about this and this is the support he is giving me?, he said "don't be so dramatic yaa, it's just a family meeting, kya hojayega, main aaoo ya na aaoo..."(what will change even if i go?)

i did not say anything, more like i did not have anything to say in this situation. i confirmed my place in his heart....but i still want to give my 100 percent to this relationship as long as i can...i feel that numb tiredness in my heart again.

i reached the Singhs family home and went inside alone, i have never been to this house...because abhay hates it, but the house is nice and modern

lots of kids and old people is the first thing i see as i enter the house, "namaste" i said joining my hands to every one present specially. dadi gave me a side eye ....looking me up and down...i did not cover and looked straight at her. she got angrier at my attitude but i do not care, i am not the type to get bullied for stupid reasons.