09: Victory!

"The Harm puppet turns anything within a hundred-meter radius into puppets." Abel said.

"Transformation begins the moment the string touch you."
_______________________________________

"You really are amusing! Mash Burnedead." Abel said as the harm puppet attacked them again.

Mash punched the harm puppet which then broke into pieces.

"Ah, I'd never considered..."

Mash appeared behind Abel.

"Erector spinae magic."

"Hell fall."

Mash grabbed Abel's elbow and leaped into the air.

He turned Abel upside down to make him land on his head.

"That yours truly could be the rabbit."

"My mother was really kind and compassionate towards others."

"Though born through nobility, she treated commoners just as equally."

"My mother said it was only by chance we were born privileged."

"Then one day, my kind mother was stabbed."

"She was distributing food to the poor as she always did."

"A man hoarded all the food for himself and stabbed my mother when she resisted."

"He said that... getting stabbed was a comeuppance for always having it lucky."

"She believed in goodness of humanity."

"My mother, the noble."

"My mother, the naif."

"My gentle mother was gone."

"Now I feel really bad for him..."

"Mother was mistaken. They don't need our pity. The dregs of society are there for a reason. We can't live in harmony."

"I sought the best talent for my plan."

"Abyss and the others like him, who were dissatisfied with this world. I dipped my hand into powers I never should have."

"All for my goals..."

"You won't change my mind." Abel said getting up.

"It's only natural to pillage weak scum." Abel said.

"No, they deserve to be pillaged." Abel said denying his earlier sentence.

"Bad guys are bad guys, no matter what their social status." Said Mash.

"The majority of those fools are at the bottom. That is why the bottom class should be cut off altogether." Abel said.

"That would be a problem." Elaina blurted out.

"I know this country better than anyone else. If we do that... Devlin will suppress us again like last time." Elaina said.

"Most of the imperial knights are from the bottom class. They protect our border from Devlin." Elaina spoke again.

"Is that so?"

"Anyways, can you tell us where Lemon is? Since you lost." Mash asked wanting to know where Lemon was.

"You're right. I will release all the students who I have turned into puppets. I have lost." Abel said.

"Thanks."

"Oh, but since you did all this for your mom, I guess you're not that terrible a person." Mash said with a stoic expression.

"Yeah. I appreciate you trying to avenge your mother." Elaina said with a small smile on her face.