I'd successfully avoided Cedric as I popped in the kitchens to grab a steaming mug of coffee before heading to the library and going into my corner. I'd go talk to Madame Pince for Hermione later, once classes were due to start. Specifically Cedric's.

I had realized what I'd done late at night, when the rest of the girls fell into slumber. Cedric said he'd loved me earlier, which I'd come to terms with, and had obviously been waiting for me for sometime in the Gryffindor common room, presumably to talk about what had happened at breakfast. He was clearly tired, and therefore delusional, but if he remembered that I'd kissed him twice today, it'd only make him pursue the fact I might like him too.

Not that I really minded. I did like him in that way, but I wasn't convinced he really liked me. He was popular, and this was what popular people did. My friends had been hurt many times over by those considered popular, too many times in the three years we'd studied at Hogwarts. It wasn't fair that they didn't see through those people's lies and I did; I just spotted lies much easier than them, having lied far too much in my life anyhow.

But when it came to Cedric... usually I'd be able to tell, but I didn't know this time. Perhaps it was because I was afraid of getting hurt... because, well, I was. And I was afraid that it would make our friendship awkward, if he really was faking it and I confessed my feelings to him. I wouldn't even be able to lie about it once he revealed that it was fake. Cedric always knew I was lying, and though he never called me out on it if it wasn't directed at him, he always did when it was.

I glanced at the watch given to me by Uncle Fabian and Gideon. They'd given it to mum after me, Fred and George were born, for me to wear once I was old enough, which felt like it came too soon...when they'd passed. I'd always loved them deeply, even with how young I was. It pained me more than I knew I was capable of, especially at that age.

Moving on. It was five minutes past the start of Cedric's first class; perfect. Cedric never missed classes. Ever.

I crept out of my corner, careful to avoid any other students studying for potential first assessments, so as not to reveal my spot. I'd left my coffee so as not to anger Pince; she liked me, but not that much. I had a feeling that she'd favor Hermione much more than any other previous favorites.

I casually strolled over to Madame Pince, putting on a charming smile. "Hello, Miss Weasley," She greeted, giving me a thin-lipped smile. Part of the reason she favored me over other students was the fact that I always managed to stay out of pranks involving her, unless she was in on it, which would most likely never happen.

"Hello, Madame Pince. I met a girl here yesterday named Hermione Granger," Madame Pince nodded in recognition at the sound of the first-year's name. "And I was wondering if you could make cards for her as well? She seems as dedicated to her studies as me and enjoys a good book as well."

Her smile widened slightly. She was the only one who knew of my self-proclaimed mission, and had been adamant I continue it even when I was close to giving up. I reckoned she wanted someone like me as much as I did. Someone to carry on my legacy and all that. Although, perhaps part of her reasoning was that she wanted someone to keep her company.

"Of course. They will be next to yours by the end of this hour. Also, Miss Weasley, I was wondering if perhaps you would like to supervise detention?"

I grinned. "And ruin my reputation as one of the prankster Weasley triplets? No thanks. I can restrain myself to some point, Madame Pince, and supervising detentions is far, far away from that point."

With that, I spun away towards one of the regular study tables, maneuvering my way around a slightly hulky Hufflepuff. He turned, and with a sharp inhale, I realized it was Cedric.