I dashed into the Hospital Wing. I'd just seen Dumbledore come out, a knowing smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes. I already knew no one was stupid enough to get hurt on the last few days of school, and even if they were, I'd know; I had my ways.

I burst through, still barreling through the way made between the beds until I reached Harry's. Madam Pomfrey was already there, lecturing the poor boy on why he couldn't see his friends.

"Hi Poppy," I began, putting on what I hoped was a sweet, unassuming smile. "I was just coming in to check on Harry. Oh, look, he's awake now! I'll go grab Ron and Hermione."

Poppy's eyes narrowed. "The other times you came to check on him, you didn't bother to run in."

"I had a feeling," I said, smiling cheekily.

Poppy sighed, clearly not believing me. "Even if you had a 'feeling,' I don't trust eleven year olds in the Infirmary."

"But you let Dumbledore in!" Harry and I exclaimed.

"Well, of course, that was the headmaster, quite different. You need rest, Mr. Potter."

"I am resting, look," Harry protested. "Lying down and everything. Oh, go on, Madam Pomfrey..."

"Oh, very well," she said. "But five minutes only. Also, before I let them in, Roxanne, here's the new potion Professor Snape made." She slipped me the vial, then let in Ron and Hermione.

"Harry!" Hermione looked ready to fling her arms around Harry again, but held herself in. "Oh, Harry, we were sure you were going to- Dumbledore was so worried-"

"The whole school's talking about it," said Ron. "What really happened?"

It was one of those rare occasions when the true story is even more strange and exciting than the wild rumors. Harry told us everything: Quirrell(I'd exclaimed excitedly at that part, with millions of I told you so's); the mirror; the Stone; and Voldemort. I'd like to think we were a very good audience; we gasped in all the right places, and when Harry told us what was under Quirrell's turban, Hermione screamed out loud.

"So the Stone's gone?" said Ron finally. "Flamel's just going to die?"

"That's what I said, but Dumbledore thinks that- what was it? 'To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

"I always said he was off his rocker," Ron replied, looking quite impressed at how crazy his hero was.

"So what happened to you three?" said Harry.

"Well, I got back all right," said Hermione. "I brought Ron round- that took a while- and we were dashing up to the owlery to contact Dumbledore when we met him in the entrance hall- he already knew- he just said, 'Harry and Roxanne've gone after him, haven't they?' and hurtled off to the third floor."

"D'you think he meant you to do it?" asked Ron. "Sending you your fathers cloak and everything?"

"Well," Hermione exploded, "If he did- I mean to say- that's terrible- you could have been killed."

"No, it isn't," said Harry thoughtfully. "He's a funny man, Dumbledore. I think he sort of wanted to give me a chance. I think he knows more or less everything that goes on here, you know. I reckon he had a pretty good idea we were going to try, and instead of stopping us, he just taught us enough to help. I don't think it was an accident he let me find out how the mirror worked. It's almost like he thought I had the right to face Voldemort if I could."