wiwibloggs

Jack sat on the floor in the corner of the tech booth ensuring that the light was sufficient enough as he waited for Will from Wiwibloggs to start a call with him. 

"So you're like proper famous then?" Rufus asked, watching him set up his phone against some books and a national theatre mug, "Being interviewed at work and that." 

Jack laughed nervously, "Sort of yeah. I'm actually really scared, what if he asks me hard questions?"

"It's an interview not school! It's his job to ask you things you already know. Haven't you done interviews before?" 

It was true, Jack had done several interviews before, he'd even once been asked questions by Andrew Lloyd Webber when he visited the Royal Ballet School but he'd never really done it completely by himself. 

"Usually there's at least one other person in the cast there with me like Carrie was with Heathers but now all of the attention is on me not to fuck up for the whole country," He stressed. "Do you think i should like, cover the background or anything," He turned around to check what was behind him to ensure that there was nothing majorly identifying about his surroundings.

"Mate you've been a vlogger for nearly ten years, if someone wanted to find out where you were they'd have done it by now besides people already know where you work."

"What a charming thought cheers Roof," Jack said sarcastically just before the notification came up on his phone telling him he needs to be ready. He cleared his throat and smiled praying that Rufus would would just sit there quietly and not try to distract him in anyway like he had done before.

"Hi Jack!" Will greeted with a big smile. 

"Hiya! Thanks for having me on!" The brit replied trying to match Will's upbeat energy. 

"No thank you! You're the talk of the UK right now! How does that feel?"

"It feels weird! I'm not used to like...seeing my own name on the twitter trending page and having Elton John repost my things it's like...it's mad! I don't see myself as big and famous like ..i dont know maybe other people do,"

"Very humble very numble," Will praises, "Where does that come from do you think?"

"I think...because i wasn't really raised ...to think i was or was going to be better than anyone else" He gives Rufus a knowing look behind the camera, "I grew up on a council estate where like...no one really cared how popular or famous someone was so i don't know maybe i still have that kind of mindset."

"Speaking of, when you were announced a lot of people ...almost labeled you because of where you were from, what'd you have to say about that?" Will quizzed adopting a slightly softer tone to his voice now he was talking about a potentially sensitive subject. 

"In all honesty that's something i've had from the moment i started doing projects sort of outside of the Black Country, we get a bit of a bad rep in sort of media and things for just so many reasons when really i mean we're such a driving force in the creative industries nowadays. I moved out of the Black Country when i was 15 and what i found was that i honestly got very similar opportunities living there and going to school in Birmingham than i have done in London and i find it sad that...many people overlook where i come from just because of the reputation the area gets."

"Do you think that affects the way you've progressed as an artist and a performer over the years?" 

"Definitely!" He said passionately, "my accents done me in a few times either with auditions or just like...people thinking of me in a certain way cause of the way i speak, they all think my accent is like...a symbol of i dont know dodgy people which is just ridiculous because there are so many great people and great things that come out of the Black Country "