This Morning

Jack tossed and turned as he was half listened to the video essay about Fleabag, still struggling to get to sleep at half past three in the morning despite the fact he had one of the biggest interviews of his life later and needed all the rest he could get. He didn't usually have trouble sleeping, not now he wasn't having nightmares anymore but for some reason the prospect of appearing on live television was really getting to him. 

He tried all of the usual things that used to help him sleep, listening to music, rain noises and now video essays, meditation, reading and none of them worked and he wasn't about to wake the whole house by slamming the door to leave to go for a run so he decided to tip toe down to the kitchen and eat the rest of the cake that Rufus and the team bought him for his leaving party yesterday. The cake was amazing, his favourite kind from ASDA, that's how he knew that Rufus had a hand in it but it still wasn't working in making him feel all that much better. 

Imogen had enough going on at the moment,  Felix had work early in the morning, Bojan would be asleep and according to Life360 Rufus went home with his tinder date and Jack definitely did not want to interrupt that so there was no one he could really vent to. 

Except maybe...

Knock Knock Knock

"Are you up?" 

Dan turned in bed and squinted at the tall man standing in his doorway very faintly silhouetted by the light coming from Jack's bedroom nextdoor. "I wasn't but i am now." 

"Oh i'm sorry, i'll let you ge-" Dan leaned over and flicked on the lamp and ushered Jack into the room to sit on the edge of the bed. 

"No it's alright," he says, "Something seems up,"

"Just a bit,"

"What's up?"

"I have that This Morning interview tomorrow about well...you know," he looked down, it felt weird almost complaining about something like that when he knew that he was incredibly lucky to be given such a cool opportunity, "and it's like...one of the biggest breakfast tv shows and-"

"You're worried your family'll see it?" Dan finished for him, knowing exactly what his friend was thinking.

"Yeah...." Jack answered letting out a breath he felt like he's been holding ever since they asked him to be interviewed. His friend sat up properly and took his hand. 

"Not to make you feel worse or anything but you've been all over the news and social media  for the last month anyway, if any of them were gonna find out, i guarantee they'd have done it by now and nothing's happened," Jack sighed, keeping his head down but comfortable keeping his hand in Dan's, the touch was grounding. "And Stella definitely knows already," 

His head snapped up at the mention of his little sister, pulling his hand away instantly,"What'd you mean?" 

"You really think that just because she can't live with you anymore means that she's gonna stop watching your Youtube videos? She's like your biggest fan-"

"Was."

"Probably still is, who wouldn't want their big brother to be like the most famous person in the UK!"

"I think Harry Styles is probably the most famous person in the UK-"

"Jack!" Dan interrupted, "My point is i don't think you should worry about her seeing it, she's probably happy to find out what you're up to-"

"It's not her i'm worried about," 

Dan sighed, "Does your dad even watch breakfast TV?"

"He will do when someone sends him the clip and says 'isn't that your son?' " Jack stresses.