Home Turf

TW. Mentions of abusive relationships and suicide marked with * at the beginning and end

As they flew from Amsterdam, Jack placed an elbow on the tray table in front of him, leaning on it to try and get some comfortable rest, shifting positions slightly as none of them would allow him to sleep.

"You can use my shoulder you know, I don't mind" Bojan said trailing off slightly towards the end like he'd somehow made himself insecure by the notion of it.

"Are you sure?" Bojan nodded and the blonde shifted closer, resting his head on Bojan's shoulder, closing his eyes. "let me know if i'm too heavy," he mumbled as he started to fall asleep. The weight felt comfortable on Bojan's shoulder even if it was killing it a bit. He couldn't resist running his hand through Jack's soft blonde hair as he slept, telling himself that if anyone saw he could just say he didn't want it to be messy for the man when he woke up.

Jack woke up as they landed with a phone in his face, he didn't react quick enough to stop Bojan from snapping a picture of him and posting it to social media.

"Bojan no! I look awful!"

"We have an hour and forty minutes until our sound check and the taxi takes an hour thirty plus twenty minutes to get here" Kris stressed as they thundered through the airport as fast as they possibly could and ended up standing in the car park

"Hang on," Jack says pulling out his phone, "I know someone who might be faster than a taxi."

"Will they be able to take us and all of our stuff?" Bojan asked gesturing to all of their suitcases.

"He will be if he takes a work van" the blonde assures as he steps to one side and makes a call. Less than ten minutes later, a white van with big black letters saying 'National Theatre' pulled into the car park, a blonde guy hopping out of the driver's seat to open the side door revealing enough seats for them all.

"Cheers Rufus!" Jack smiled and gave the man a quick handshake. As the man, who Bojan shamefully recognised from Jack's vlogs, stepped back Bojan noticed he was wearing a jumper strikingly similar to the one Jack gave him, identical even and he concluded that it must be the same one.

The thought bothered him for reasons he wasn't quite ready to admit, it wasn't like Jack couldn't give his jumper to other people and he did know that the two of them had been friends forever but ...he maybe thought that maybe having Jack's jumper meant that they had something special that it was .... a stamp of ownership. The thought made him cringe and vow to never think about it like that again...or at least for the rest of the car ride which was proving to be more unpleasant than exciting.

They finally got out of the slightly stuffy van in front of the venue and Rufus graciously got out to help them with their things which just made Bojan hate him even more even though he knew he hadn't really done anything wrong. As he turned, Bojan saw the rest of the jumper including 'RUFUS' sprawled on the back in massive letters and instantly he felt both stupid and relieved at the same time, of course they'd both have a jumper like that, they worked in the same place. Bojan stood up straight, pretending he hadn't been sulking for the past half an hour.