Oh the color is green

She shouldn't be doing this! She shouldn't be out, sneaking around her best friend, trying to figure out why he was acting suspicious for the past few weeks, but here she is!
How he hasn't sensed her is a mystery to her, or maybe she finally managed to trick him by acting like such a shut-in he doesn't expect her at all to be outside on a Tuesday midday out of her own free will.
Whatever, she looks at the vampire stopping at a flower shop and picking up a yellow bouquet. Since when does Chris like flowers? Yellow ones at that? She knows he likes deep red roses - such a cliché- and white flowers he gifts her every year for her birthday even though she always laughs at the sappy display she secretly loves.
Yellow flowers? Why?
She follows him through the park towards a neighborhood not far from her work. Is this also part of his territory? Should she worry about being out here? Maybe he's paying a visit to one of his vampire friends? She has no idea, until he stops and she sees him smile widely whilst amicably talking to a girl.
Her eyes widen when he hands her the flower and the girl beams at him.
Oh shit! What is that?!
She hides herself behind a tree and glances around it to see how the girl makes a small twirl to show off her long skirt while he places his shawl around her neck with a fond smile lingering on his face. Is he for real?!
She doesn't look like a vampire at all, so she must be human, which doesn't make any more sense even if she would've been a vampire.
The girl grabs his hand and if she didn't know he was a vampire, Lorey would've sworn she saw him blushing over the girl.
Her eyes widen even further when the girl stands on her tiptoes and dares to press her finger against his teeth, indicating she either knows he has fangs or is joking around.
Lorey holds her breath and tries to keep calm. What the hell is Chris thinking? If this girl has no idea about his being, he's set up for failure. Why does that somehow sound reassuring to her? If he fails with whatever he wants from this girl, he could always come back to Lorey. Ouch, jealousy is a nasty thing, she thinks, grasping for her aching heart. Bad Lorey. Bad, bad Lorey. Not only are you snooping around your best friend, now you're also judging his life? Bah.
It leaves a bitter taste in her mouth and she knows she has to get away from them. Whoever this girl is and whatever is happening between her and Chris, she should leave it alone.
But at the same time, her gut tells her she has to confront him with it.

"She's human."
He confirms her worries without batting an eye, with a single nod and a proud look after she confronts him.
"Chris, you know this can be dangerous, right?" she sighs at him, rubbing her temples.
"I know," he answers. "But she already knows about vampires. She came up to me, not the other way around."
"And that doesn't make it suspicious?" Lorey huffs at him. "How do you know she's not some kind of vampire hunter or something? I thought it was already dangerous for me to know?!"
She paces around the room and Chris shrugs at her.
"I trust Hyuna," he simply says.
"Hyuna... You call her by her name. Her surname. Already."
Chris sheepishly smiles at her and she knows that look. Inwardly everything recoils and she tries to play it off with a pained smile pointed at him. He is already smitten with this Hyuna girl. Goddammit. Her vampire friend has developed a big ass crush on some girl he met when wandering around at night, hence him not answering any of her texts or calls. His head being on cloud nine like a lost puppy.
"Tell me again, why are you trusting her?" she asks him.
"She's not afraid of me," he answers. "She's genuinely interested in who I am and doesn't see a monster, even though I am one. She's sick and stays at the hospital near your workplace for half of the week. She doesn't fear death, just like you and really makes me feel a bit more human again."
His hopeful eyes say it all and although her head is screaming at her she also never saw him as a monster for much longer than that unknown girl, she remains calm and sits beside him to grab his hands.
"Are you really, reeeeeally sure about affiliating yourself with her?" she asks.
Chris stares into her eyes with a certainess she hasn't often seen with him. "Yes."

Knowing your part as the supporting character is over isn't that nice at all, Lorey thinks to herself more than often.
A few weeks have passed and with that her role of being the pillar in Chris's life. He hasn't forgotten her, by all means, but his mind is occupied with his protagonist. This Hyuna girl he doesn't want to shut up about.
She can't blame him. He would've wished the same happiness for her if she met the right person. But right now she has to distance herself a bit to give both main characters the stage. And what she has learned about the girl is that she's a complete package without a tinge of anything bad.
Hyuna is a sunshine with nothing but good intentions if she believes Chris's words about her. He showed her multiple pictures in which she was undeniably a ray of sunshine next to him, complimenting him in any way and making Lorey slightly jealous again with that fairylike beauty. Gosh, if she liked girls, she would've fallen for a girl like Hyuna as well!
Chris was in the stage of courting her, asking her out on little dates if her body could handle it and showering her with tiny gifts. He even asked Lorey for her advice and like the good side character she is, she helped him find a super fluffy and cute stuffed animal with a big yellow bow he gifted her a few days later.
She had been disgusted with her own gut twisting and turning. Contemplating if she should take on the mean antagonist role to scare the poor girl away or play their fairy godmother who would help Chris to get together with the girl he was smitten for.
So she chose to distance herself. Focussing on work, rather than being fixated at the nasty jealousy corrupting her mind.
Chris had picked up on her distant stance and had asked her if they still wanted to hang out the next day.
"Nah, go take out your girl and go for a picnic or something. The weather report says there will finally be no rain for a few days."
He had left it at that and asked her if she at least would come with him to set up the stuff as he didn't have things for a picnic. Reluctantly she had agreed.