Little pest

"Oh my god! You're so annoying!"

She finds him lingering around the hospital Hyuna stays at when Chris goes there to pick up the girl for a walk in the park. Lorey is walking towards her work and spots her friend and the suspicious vampire lurking around him way too obviously. She sees how he's mustering his courage to sneak up behind Chris before she decides to call Chris on his phone to gain his attention.
"Hi Lorebee, what's up?"
She sees the brown haired vampire duck away and making a frustrated grabby movement with his hands in the air whilst cursing, looking up in the sky.
She can't help but chuckle.
"Nothing much, just wondering if you brought an extra jacket with you."
She sees Chris frown and awkwardly rubbing his neck. "Why?" he asks her.
"Dude, you're walking in a T-shirt while it's like twelve degrees out. Want to be suspicious?"
He looks around himself to see how she can possibly know he's walking outside like that. It's almost comically seeing him circle around without finding her.
"Dipshit. Take your date over to that cute mall we visited a few weeks back and let her help you search for a hoodie or something. And while you're at it, buy her a matching one. That or a shawl. She seems to forget hers a lot."
Chris stops to turn a last circle to see if he can find her when he finally spots her in the distance and his brows raise upon seeing her.
She gives a small wave with a smirk.
"Now if you excuse me, I'm off to work, idiot."
Chris smiles at her and nods clearly for her to see. She hangs up and turns around to notice she can't find the suspicious vampire hanging around anymore. Probably already fled the scene when he noticed Chris was aware of his surroundings by now.
She hums a little before resuming her way to her work. She would be a little late, but hey, the dead won't run away from her.

But before getting to the funeral home, she notices footsteps behind her. Turning around before she takes her left to the path towards the funeral home she almost yelps when she's met with two big eyes staring at her not even a few centimeters away from her face.
"You!" he yelps back when she jumps away from him with her heart beating in her chest and her hands grasping for her bag to hold in front of her like some sort of protection. As if a measly bag would do anything against him... Great thinking brain...
"Fucking god, don't scare me!" she yells back, calming herself down a little.
The vampire seems to be thrown off, not expecting her reaction and eyes the clutched bag.
"You're not thinking of using pepper spray on me, right?" he asks.
"Who in this day and age has a can of pepper spray in their bag?!" she snaps back, suddenly realizing she's seriously reacting to his stupid comment. "F— Nevermind. Can I help you sir? I'm late for work."
She tries to play it off cool, lowering her bag and exhaling deeply. He seems to be searching for his words, fumbling with his sleeves without deciding on what to say or do. She doesn't have all day and taps her fingers against her leg.
"Well, if there's nothing, I have to go."
She turns around and he stops her by stepping in front of her again.
"You're the one sabotaging my plans," he nags and she can't help but chuckle.
"Evidence?" she smirks and he lowers his arms he had crossed in front of his chest.
"I know you keep interfering with my business," he continues while she walks around him and continues up the path.
"Dunno what you're talking about," she snickers, not feeling in the slightest intimidated by him.
"Don't feign ignorance!" he stutters. "That time in the park! Or when you made me fall into that tub! Chasing me away with those little kids! Lacing my drinks!"
"A drink you laced yourself," she reminds him, knowing she gives herself away like this, but not caring thinking back to the amusing scenarios.
He stutters even more with big eyes. "See?! It's you! Stop doing that!"
She sighs and turns around to him when they almost reach up to the front door, crossing her arms and scanning him from top to toe. She can see how it makes him uncomfortable and she enjoys it.
"I know you can't enter without permission, so don't bother. Just leave my friends alone and I will stop. Simple as that."
He wants to react before shutting his mouth and his eyes get even bigger when he lets her words sink in.
"You know what I am?!"
She rolls her eyes and opens the door, seeing Radhi already looking up at her.
"Thought you guys were good with perception," she mumbles just clearly enough for him to hear. "Well, bye idiot bloodsucker."
"Oh my god! You're so annoying!"
Without saying anything else she closes the door behind her and leaves the vampire outside.
"Who's that?" Radhi asks her while handing her her keys and clipboard with amusement glimmering in his eyes.
"Someone I know. Do me a favor and don't give him permission to enter. Lots of trouble."

_________________________
Writer here:
Short chapter, but after this we meet yet another new face! Which means the story will finally unfold:O

You thought it already did, didn't you ;)

Welp, no. We still need to meet some people, so buckle up for a switch in pov:D