and waking up is painful

"Where am I?"
She almost doesn't recognize her own voice. It sounds lighter and at the same time deeper than ever before. She wants to scrape her throat, but is met with the burning sensation almost making her tear up. Gosh, she feels awful.
And the burning doesn't stop, no. It spreads farther throughout her body until she feels the urge to claw out her chest. What is wrong with her?!
She tries to cough, but nothing comes up and her brain feels like it's set on fire. Too much! Too much stimuli at once!
The dimmed light in the room feels like a thousand lumen trying to blind her and the smell of old dust makes her wanna gag. Her senses are making overtime and when she tries to inhale deeply—
Nothing.
She gasps for air again, but the normal clearing feeling of pumping your body full of oxygen isn't there!
She now holds her breath and starts counting. Forty eight, Forty nine, seventy two, seventy three! This doesn't make sense! She's not fainting for air!
Her mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water, but nothing is happening to her lungs, neither to the rest of her body and now the full panic takes over.
"What. The. Fuck. Is. Happening?!" she gasps word for word trying to make any logic for herself.
She stares down to her hands when she feels sharp nails pierce her palms and her eyes become as big as saucers seeing the prominent nails stick out, pointier than she ever has had. Her skin is almost as pale as the sheets wrapped around her legs and slowly but surely her brain gathers the last memories of her evening.
"No," she whispers. "No, no no!"
Her mutters grow stronger until she frantically looks around to take in her surroundings.
"No!"
The door behind her opens and when her eyes lock with Felix, she loses it.
"What did you do!" she screams at the top of her lungs, grasping her pained throat still burning and wincing when she feels her sharp nails against the skin.
Felix looks at her with clear guilt visible in his eyes and when he takes a step forward to her she scoots back, almost falling off the bed she laid in.
"Stay back! What did you do to me, Felix?! Answer!"
Felix freezes in his movement and she can see how hurt he is. There's no explanation needed. The facts speak for themselves. She yells at him out of frustration when the hazy memories pop up of their last moments together. The snap.
"Of all the things you could do?! You took my humanity! Why, Felix?! Why?!"
Behind Felix pops up an unknown face who undoubtedly must be a vampire as well as he pushes Felix back out of the room without too much resistance. He whispers something in Felix's ear, making him slump his shoulders and lower his head while he walks away to leave the two of them alone.
"You're pretty fussy for a newly woken one," he remarks, walking closer to inspect her and Lorey instinctively lowers her head a little with his intimidating aura.
"What's happened to me?" she can muster up with the tiniest voice and the vampire in front of her immediately lowers his stance and smirks at her.
"Something giving us a heap of trouble," he says. "The name is Minho. Lee Minho. Son of the council. Or well, if we manage to keep you hidden, that is."

_______________
Writer here:
ghehehe, I know I'm known for writing tragedies and making sad endings, but nope! Not this time!
We're still in for a couple of chapters in this rollercoaster!
Enjoy -xXx-