Chapter 12

*Brooklyn's POV*

I roll over in the comfy bed, arms wrapping around the strong chest beside me. A low rumble leaves his chest as his arm wraps around me, pulling me farther into him.

I blush as I'm reminding of the events from last night, noticing the soreness between my legs. "Good morning," I say softy. "Morning, love," he mumbles, voice raspy and laced with sleep. Never did I think this would be my reality, but there is no part of me complaining.

I lay with him a while, before he shifts to stand up. I pull away and watch him stand, eyes trailing as he stretches, he's toned body rippling under his t-shirt.

My eyes land on the back of his mask, imagining what's underneath. I smile as I remember the feeling of his hair between my fingers, soft and longer than I expected.

"You should start getting ready, missing starts in a few hours." I can tell he's trying not to get angry just thinking about it, so I just smile and agree. He glances towards me, giving me a playful nod, then leaves the room.

I reluctantly get up, and slowly start getting dressed up for the mission.

I take a deep breath as I examine myself once more in the vanity mirror. The dress in the closet is longer than my typical 'dress up' style, and more formal. It's black in color, with a leg slit and a v-neckline.

My hair is down, curled and falling softly over my shoulders, makeup bringing out my best features. I finally turn away, knowing it's about time to head out. The black heels set aside for me click on the wooden floor as I head to the door, pulling it open and walking to the living room. The others are scattered in the room, gearing up and getting ready to go.

Soap notices me first, doing a double take, his first look only being a quick glance. His eyes widen as his mouth opens. "Holy shit," he whispers. I scoff, brushing off the compliment. I glance towards Ghost, who is now staring at me, his gaze slowly trailing down, then back up to my eyes.

I fight the urge to squirm under his gaze, instead pulling my eyes away. "You look great," Gaz says kindly, nudging Soap in the side to get him to stop staring. I laugh and thank him, looking once more towards Ghost.

I can practically see the smirk on his face as I meet his gaze once more. "Ready to go?" I ask, trying to sound stable and confident, when really he's making my knees weak.

"Waiting on you, princess." He says it in a way that's mocking, the others laughing at the joke, but I'm enjoying the name, smiling lightly towards him. We file out to the car, starting the drive to the drop off point.

The ride is quiet, almost uncomfortable, the tension in the vehicle hanging heavy in the air.

I walk through the crowded room, conversations filling the large building. The ceiling is massive, and the party is packed. It's much more formal than what I was expecting, more like a company party. And yet, I got in with no issues, no identification check.

Large pillars come down from the ceiling on the outsides of the room, creating almost like a large walkway to the buffet on the other end. A small bar area is off to the left, a hall breaking off to the right, two men is suits on either side.

I fiddle with the comm in my ear discretely, acting like I'm fixing my hair. I take a seat at the empty bar counter, ordering a drink in Russian. The bartender gives me a light nod, and gets to work on getting my order ready.

I turn and look back out into the crowd, no eyes on the target yet. Static comes through my comm, a voice filling my head a moment later.

"Brooke, how copy?"