Chapter 24

*Brooklyn's POV*

I continuously glance at the timer as we work, getting absolutely nowhere. 30 seconds.

"Brooke!"

I turn quickly towards the voice, my eyes landing on the last person I want to see. "What the hell are you doing!" I yell, standing and marching towards me. "We need to go," he growls, grabbing my arm. "You should have already left!"

"Price and the others are out, now let's go."

I look desperately back towards the bomb, Milo jogging to us. "It's no use."

"We can't just leave them!" I whisper harshly.

"It's too late," Ghost pulls me towards the door, Milo following quickly.

10 seconds.

Milo passes us, grabbed the door and entering the stairwell. The captives are screaming from behind us, and I'm desperate trying to block them out.

A gunshot rings in my ears, Milo stumbling in front of me. Ghost reacts quicker then I ever could, pistol pulled and shots flying within seconds. The Russian falls, tumbling down the stairs. Milo's back hits the wall, and he slides down it.

"No! No no no no!"

I kneel beside him, sight going blurry with tears.

He's wheezing, skin already going pale from the shot, which grazed his neck and hit an artery.

He grabs my hand, another reaching for his pocket. "Millie.." he breathes out, placing something in my hand, one last breath rocking his body.

The building tumbles violently, a sound entirely too
loud to process filling the air. Strong arms wrap around me, pulling me away from Milo. I tumble down the stairs, instinctively curling myself up.

Crashing is heard all around, only settling down after a good minute.

The building groans, and I know it's going down whether we are in it or not. The bomb, luckily, wasn't big enough to bring it down just now, but was large enough to damage the support system on this floor, which is ultimately going to cause the whole thing to collapse.

The walls are broken away, only a few places left standing. I groan as I push my arms underneath myself, turning into a sitting position.

If my gunshot wound didn't hurt then, it definitely hurts now. I glance down towards my hand, slowly opening my fist, and spotting while Milo gave me.

The ring is covered in blood, dulling the sparkle do the beautiful diamond. I can't seem to wrap lt head around anything, slowly pushing the ring into a pocket on my vest. And then suddenly, the haze in my mind seems to clear, and my eyes dart back up to where I once was.

A gloved hand is hanging over the top stair, the skeleton design covered in dirt and blood. "Simon!"

I push myself up in weak legs, practically crawling up the stairs. He's lying back down, a large piece of drywall on his back, along with a few ceiling tiles.

I begin pushing off the debris, gritting my teeth with effort as it finally all slide off. He groans from his place, hardly moving.

"Hey," I whisper, gently tapping my hand against his face. His eyes flutter open, and soon he is pushing himself into a sitting position.

"We need to go," I say quickly? Glancing around. The red emergency lights fills the stairwell, the building groaning again around us.