*Chapter 21*

Warning: this chapter contains mature scenes (towards the end for y'all who wish to skip)

*Brooklyn's POV*

I wake up to the door of my room latching, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. "Mornin' love," a familiar British voice greets. My eyes land on Ghost, who's walking towards me with some food, placing a bowl on the ground for Kylo.

I smile up at him, fully sitting up now and taking the tray from him. "What's this?" I ask happily. He climbs back into the bed next to me, "what's it look like?" He jokes.

I laugh lightly, and start digging into the food, his hand resting softly on my thigh, tracing small shapes mindlessly.

"Price has scheduled a meeting in 30 minutes," he tells me. "What for," I ask between bites. "Mission related, I don't know much else."

I hum, and continue to eat, my mind wandering during the silence. My facial expression must have changed, because soon Ghost is sitting up beside me, studying my face. "What's wrong?"

I sigh, placing my mostly empty tray on the night stand. "Is Adeline coming with us on the next mission?"

His eyes change to one of guilt and sympathy, knowing he is the reason I'm concerned in the first place. "I don't know, darling."

His hand reaches up, gently brushing his thumb across my cheek. "It doesn't matter if she is. She's nothing more than an annoyance."

I glance away from him and nod. "Hey," he says softly, pulling my gaze back to him. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have entertained it."

"Did you.. do anything?"

He shakes his head, "not a thing."

I nod again, "I wouldn't be angry.. I'd understand. I left."

He sits up fully now, "look at me, if I ever did something like that, you damn well better be angry at me."

I huff a short laugh, a smile creeping to my face. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. But that wouldn't happen, I promise. Nobody is you, and you're all I want."

I duck my head back into my lap, hiding the red rising towards my face. He doesn't accept this, and pulls my face towards him, raising his mask and placing a gently, but firm, kiss on my lips.

I kiss him back, hands traveling to his neck as he pulls me closer, closer until he's laying down and I'm on top straddling him.

His hands explore my body, the kiss never breaking as he settles on my hips, rough fingers holding me in place.

I finally break the kiss, sitting up and smiling down at him. A breathy groan escapes him as I move, and I soon feel why.

I smirk and lean back a little farther, purposely moving my hips against him. He growls, head pushing back into the pillow as his fingers grip me harder, stopping my movements.

"Don't start something you can't finish."

"Hm?" I ask innocently, grinding my hips forward painfully slow. I feel him move below me, his grip desperately trying to keep me still.

"Fuck," he breaths, bucking his hips below me. I lean back towards his face, placing a light peck on his lips. "Unfortunately for you, we don't have time."

His hand tangles in my hair, pulling my face closer to his, "I'll make time, we can be late."

I pull back dramatically, "late? No way!"

He eyes me, his jaw shifting as I take in the dark look in his eyes. "Fine.. but don't think you're escaping this."

I giggle and push myself off of him, leaving him alone on the bed. I start pulling my clothing for the day, setting them on the desk and start to change, my back to the man in the room with me.