Epilogue

*Brooklyn's POV*

I finish my speech to the recruits, dismissing them a minute later. I turn back to my mom, who's smiling proudly at me. "They will make fine agents someday," I tell her, stacking my papers on the desk. "Yes, they will," she agrees.

"Excuses me, Lieutenant..?"

She trails off as she searches for my name, cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"Lieutenant Riley," I tell her, "what can I help you with?"

She smiles, "sorry Lieutenant, I was just wondering, how did you join the Task force?" I smile at her question, leaning back against the desk. "Well, I started out just as an agent.. and was offered a short term position to help them with an upcoming mission. From there, it just took off. I did my job, and I did it well, and by the end the Captain had offered me a permanent spot."

She smiles, thanking me and hurrying away. I watch her go, turning back to the desk and my mom. "So, when are you needed back on base."

I sigh, shoving the papers in my bag, "we leave tomorrow afternoon."

She nods, "be safe." I smile, "always am." I embrace her in a hug, then head out to my car, starting the long drive home.

As I pull into the gravel driveway, our driveway, and I'm met with Kylo running up to the car. "Hey buddy!" I greet happily, stepping out of the car and crouching down towards him. He rolls on his back, begging for some belly scratches. His wish is my command, before I soon stand up and grab my bag, following him to the house.

I push the screen door open, spotting Simon finishing up with some sandwiches. "Right on time," he jokes, coming over and pulling me into a hug.

I get a kiss on the cheek, then join him for our early dinner. As we finish, I feed Kylo, and plop down on the couch. "How was today, Mrs. Riley."

I smile at the name, happy he still uses it any chance he gets. "It went well, this group seems promising."

He hums, crawling on top of me and kissing my cheek, soon resting against me with his arms wrapped around me, sighing as he relaxes.

"We go back tomorrow," I say out loud, earning another hum. I run my hands through his hair, sighing as I realize the mask comes back tomorrow.

He lifts his head, pushing himself to hover above me. I smile up at him, our lips occasionally connecting in a light kiss. "Mrs. Riley."

I giggle at the name, "Mr. Riley." He smiles, giving another kiss. "You're gorgeous." I blush at his words, still not over the compliments he gives me. He smiles at my reaction, pushing himself off of me. "Movie?"

I sit up, nodding in response with a grin. "What's your pick." He says, turning on the tv. I grin wider as he glances at me. He sighs, "Star Wars again?"

I laugh and nod, and he goes on to make terrible character impressions, making me laugh and Kylo jump around him. He gently pushes Kylo, turning it into a game as he mocks more characters, finally giving in and putting on what I asked for.

He cuddles back up against me on the couch, Kylo jumping up in the opposite side and resting his head on me. I sink into them, glancing around our little home.

It's not often we get to come home, but it's always wonderful when we do. My eyes land in our wedding photos, which was the first day the rest of the team saw him without his mask. I smile as I remember it, how happy I was, how happy I am.

"I love you," I say softly, nudging into his arms farther. "I love you more, darling."

The end.