Chapter 45 - Fifa's Best

y/n's POV
Spain won the Nation's League and England didn't qualify for the Olympics. At least it's a break for us England girls. Alexia ended up apologizing and I forgave her.

Flashback
I walk back into my apartment with Alexia after staying at Lucy and Ona's for a few days. I set down my bags on the floor and I hear Ale burst out of our room.
"You're back!" She says running to me and hugging me tightly. I freeze for a second before hugging her back and relaxing into her embrace.
"Y/nn... I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have kept the fact Jenni and I were married from you especially with Jenni coming back to Barca. I should've told you and I'm sorry." She says.
"Ale hey slow down deep breaths..." I say as she starts to hyperventilate a bit. "It's okay I forgive you. Just please don't lie to me anymore." I say.

Now we're on a flight from Barca to London for the Fifa's Best Awards. On the flight were Alexia, Keira, Lucy, Mapi, Ingrid, Irene, Aitana, Jenni and I. Alexia is holding my hand as I'm still anxious about flying. The flight wasn't long and we made it to London. All of went to our rooms immediately to get ready since we only had a couple hours. Once I got dressed I found Alexia and a car took us to the event. We came together but decide to walk in separately and find each other at the end of the carpet. I had my last picture taken and I turned around to wait for Alexia as the photographers went crazy taking pictures of her and asking her questions as to why she was here. Every time she said to support her teammates and the team. Someone asked if she came for me and she said I came for all of my teammates but especially for y/n which made me smile.
"Waiting for me?" Alexia asked me as she walked towards me.
"Always." I say extending out my arm for her to take. We walked into the event and I saw Mapi with Ingrid. Mapi must've spotted us because she started waving at us frantically.
"Y/N! ALE!" Mapi yelled.
"I swear she's a child." Ale whisper to me making me laugh.
"She's a child at heart." I say. We reach Mapi and Ingrid and say hi.
"Hey you two. You look great matching." Ingrid says.
"Si, I think our stylists secretly coordinated us." I say with a smile.
"Ingrid didn't want to match." Mapi says making Ingrid frown.
"Maps you never told me what color you were wearing." She says.
"Oh I didn't I forgot. Lo siento." Mapi says frowning.
"It's okay baby next award ceremony." Ingrid says and Mapi smiles.
"Come on let's go find our seats." Ale says.
We find our seats, I see that Irene, Jenni and Aitana are already there. Our row fills up with Jenni on an end next to Irene, then Ingrid, Mapi, Alexia, me, Aitana, Keira, and Lucy. In thirty minutes everyone is seated and the ceremony begins.
They went through pictures and video highlights of all the nominees. My heart drops whenever I see my World Cup saves. The one that got me was saving the last penalty kick and the first person to me was Leah. I felt like I stopped breathing for a second. I stared at the screen until I saw clips from games I played with Barca and clips of my current teammates... Aita, Lucy, Irene, Keira and Mapi. I smile as I see our victory during El Classico, yes I may have fainted at the end but the win meant so much to the team and me since it was my debut. I zone out when the video seems to focus more on the men World XI nominees.
"Mi amor?" I hear Ale whisper as her hand is in mine in her lap. I hum in response.
"Are you okay? I tried getting your attention but you seemed lost in your own world." She says.
"Just thinking about my career... if I actually deserve to be here. If anyone deserves the best keeper award it's got to be Macca or Nahaer." I say.
"Y/nn you deserve this more than anyone... you did amazing during the World Cup and you had the most clean sheets in the WSL  and now in Liga F." Ale says.
"Okay I needed to hear that." I say and give Ale a kiss on the cheek.
"Hey no PDA." Mapi says scolding us.
"Too bad so sad Maria." I say.
"Hm and Mapi is the child now I'm starting to think it's you babe." Ale says jokingly.
"It's both of us." I say.
"Si it's a package deal." Mapi says.

Eventually they finish announcing the Men's World XI, Best Men's Coach, Best Men's Goalkeeper and Best Men's Player.

They announce the Women's Best XI next:
World XI
Goalkeeper: y/n y/ln
Defenders: Lucy Bronze, Alex Greenwood, Mapi Leon and Irene Paredes
Midfielders: Aitana Bonmati, Keira Walsh, and Ella Toone
Forwards: Alessia Russo, Jenni Hermoso and Sam Kerr