-.Chapter One.-

A/n: aaronmk thank you for attempting to read this. If you have to you can stop at anytime. You mean so much to me. ❤️

Thank you all for yet so much support on this book. Bxndhearts stOP HATING ON MY CHARACTERS 😂😂😂

Thank some of you for staying through all of my books. Here's your update.

20 votes/ 20 comments for another update. 💅🏻

(This is a bit of a filler to explain the characters places and shit. The next chapter actually starts it).
_______________________

Day 63

Zayn woke up and the usual smell of freshly cut grass hit his nose. He slept on top of a roof. He sat up and looked at a couple of remains of what used to be humans.

It would be immature to call whatever these things were "zombies". The name was fit for a green monster who ate brains.

These creatures are so much worse.

So far, Zayn has only saw two types. Runners and Walkers. He names the creatures after their "ability". To be honest, he didn't doubt there was more undiscovered creatures.

"G'Mornin', Zayn." Louis chirps coming from the hole in the ceiling. Zayn hopped down and landed on two feet on the carpeted, blood-stained floor.

"Just the same as every other morning. What's so good about it?" Zayn scoffed. "Someone's extra grumpy." Harry mumbled under his breath.

Louis and Harry were a couple. Zayn found them on Day 21.

Then there was Austin and Liam. Zayn found Liam on Day 2. Then on Day 44 they found Austin. Austin and Liam weren't dating, but they kinda had a thing and everyone knew.

Zayn had stories on how he met them all, but that would have to wait.

"So since someone lost the fucking map, how are we going to find our way to the Water Towers?" Louis looks at Liam with hate in his eyes.

Louis and Liam just didn't get on.

"I didn't lose-" "Shut up. We're going to search until we find it." Zayn hissed.

The Water Towers is what held Britain's water. They needed to go there for Liam to find answers on how all of this started. Austin needed to go back to America to get to his family.

Louis and Harry just didn't have a way of survival. They couldn't live 1 Day without someone protecting them. Zayn would leave them though. All of them.

He just wanted Alec.

But they all had some sort of use to Zayn. Zayn was using them. Liam was the nurse/doctor.

Harry was the food supplier of the entire thing. He always managed to get food, gasoline, etc.

Austin was the gun supplier. He went looking for guns and/or any weapon to attack with. He made sure nobody was at loss of a weapon.

Louis was the... directioner. He gave out directions and he knew where to go 99% of the time. Zayn was the one who protected them all.

"So you don't know where the Water Towers are? Shocker." Liam gasped. "Shut the fuck up, Lime." Louis snapped sassily. "Make me, Lewis." Liam mimicked Louis.

Usually Liam was very mature. But Louis is an arse sometimes. "I said shut up." Zayn lashed out and they both shut up unhappily.

"Look, I know it's near the Mayones service station." Louis said. "Hey, that's where my uncle worked. The entire reason I came here." Austin said. "So you know?" Zayn asks. "No, I never made it to him." Austin said quietly.

"Fucking lovely. So we're lost." Zayn sat on the bed. "Not quite. We're in some house." Harry said trying to brighten the mood.

"No? No? Okay." Harry got quiet. "Maybe if I get a better look of outside I can tell." Louis hopped on top of the shelf that lead to the hole on the roof.

He watched Louis struggle to get on and laid back. "Food source?" Zayn asks. "Low on food, boss." Harry sighed. "Drinks?" Zayn asks. "Enough to last us... 2... 3 weeks?" Harry looked at the bottled waters that had been made way before any of this.

Louis came back down and Zayn could tell from the look on Louis' face it was bad news. "We're in Ireland, Zayn. Dublin." Louis said quietly.

Zayn felt his heart drop once he played Alec's Irish accent in his head. "How the fuck do you get us from Bradford to Fucking DUBLIN?!" Zayn shouts.

"I had no map and it was dark." Louis said.

"Just fucking brilliant." Zayn swore. "We have to gather food and drinks. Come on." Zayn said and they walked outside putting their stuff in the car.

"What the fuck is that?" Austin points at the creature on all fours walking towards them slowly and hits head was upside down.

"I assume the water has mutated the creatures." Liam mumbled and Zayn shot once and the creature ran too fast after them.

"FUCK!" Harry shouts and shot before the creature attacked him.
"Hunter. That's what we'll call it. A Hunter." Zayn wrote the name below Walker and Runner on a piece of paper he kept.

"Let's go." Zayn gets in the car and they all get in a seat. "Okay, let's find a service station." Zayn drives off and sighed as he looked all around at the place.

He was never getting his life back.