Prologue

"Loosen up Summer! It's a party, get drunk and get off with a hot guy. Seriously you are such a kill joy sometimes!" My best friend, Carrie, moaned downing a shot. 

I don't go to many parties. Especially since I'm a committed student, always working on school things and keeping my grades up high. You could say I don't have much of a social life to be honest. Sure I have friends, not loads but a few, enough to keep me happy through high school. 

Carrie was my best friend out of them all. She was a lot more popular than me, not that I'm popular. I had no clue why she was friends with me really, but she is constantly invited to all the 'cool' parties in our year, where as I am lucky if I am invited to one. Even if I was, I had no clue what to wear. My wardrobe mainly consisted of jeans and odd t-shirts, my sense of style is...simple we'll say. Lucky enough, Carrie and I are the same size.

Tonight she'd been invited to a party, the captain of the football team Mark, was hosting. He was beyond the valley of hotness and Carrie had the biggest crush on him. She wouldn't tell him though, oh no. You see, Carrie is one of those girls who likes to talk about what she would do but wouldn't actually do it. She somehow managed to get me an invite, goodness knows how or why, it's not like I even wanted to come. I would have happily stayed at home and watched endless episodes of Friends, it's what I spent most Friday nights doing anyway. 

After school, we headed straight to her house and she tipped her entire room upside down to find the perfect outfits for us both. She looked amazing, wearing a pink and black embossed peplum dress with a band around the stomach and paired with a pair of pale pink heels. Her hair was extremely straight but looked gorgeous as always. 

I was wearing a black bandeau bodycon dress that showed off all the curves I didn't know existed. It was strapless and ended mid thigh which made me feel a tad self-conscious but secretly I loved it. 

Carrie had done my make up including light eyeliner, mascara and bronzer and then she did my hair, adding light loose curls to my ever so flat brunette mop. When she finished I didn't recognise myself. It was like seeing a new me for the first time, a new me that I surprisingly liked.

When we arrived at the party, Carrie strutted over to the kitchen counter where numerous bottles of liquor and other booze was lined up, along with plastic cups. She poured us both a coke and vodka and sauntered back over to me, shoving it into my hands. I looked at the liquid in disgust. I had never really been a big fan of alcohol. I'd been offered it at special occasions like birthdays by family members but always turned it down. The smell put me off it altogether, but I knew Carrie would make me drink it. She gave me an evil look that said drink-it-or-else so I quickly downed it, pulling a disgusted face after and sticking out my tongue.

"That's disgusting!" I coughed as my throat burned from the vile liquid. Carrie just shook her head annoyingly and dragged me over to pour us another drink. 

Once we'd had at least three alcoholic drinks, Carrie decided to do shots. I'd never done shots before but I knew they were going to be worse than the coke and vodka's we had been previously downing. Trisha is going to kill me, I thought as I lifted the shot glass to my lips. 

"That's the spirit Sum! Come on another!" She grinned happily pouring the worst drink I have ever tasted, into my shot glass. 

"1, 2, 3!" And down the drink went. I coughed violently as the drink soared through my body and into my blood stream. I'm going to feel so rough tomorrow.

"There, feel better now Summer?" She asked pouring herself another vodka and coke, thankfully this time she just sipped it. I blinked a few times, hoping this was just a bad dream and not reality, unfortunately it was not. Although, I did feel strangely more confident. Is this what alcohol does to you?