He's No One

By the time I returned home the baby shower was in full swing and all the guests had arrived. All I wanted to do was cry myself to sleep but instead I put on a brave face like nothing had happened and proceeded to the garden.

Dad was cooking food on the barbecue as my mom chatted with my grandmothers and aunt. Carrie was sat nervously scanning the area until her eyes locked on me and she smiled relieved. "I was beginning to think you'd done a disappearing act" she commented wrapping one arm around my shoulder and giving me a gentle squeeze. "Yeah I wish" I whispered rubbing my temples.

As I glanced around the garden, I saw Hayley and Izzy sat sipping drinks and chatting. Two people I thought I'd lost since becoming pregnant and had not spoke to me since I stopped going to school.

"Hey Summer" Hayley croaked, her voice breaking slightly as she spoke.

"Sorry we weren't there for you Sum, we were horrible friends not helping you through this and we really regret it" Izzy said with a guilty expression plastered across her face.

"We'd really like to be friends again if you'll forgive us" Hayley asked hopefully. I pondered forgiving them, they had been my best friends since the beginning of high school and truthfully I missed them. It hurt that they weren't here for me throughout my pregnancy, but if they were willing to help me now then I figured I should give them a second chance.

Sighing I stretched my arms out wide and they hugged me tightly. It felt good to finally have my best friends around me, even when the people closest to me wanted nothing to do with me. I'd lost count of how many days, weeks it had been since I last received a missed call or a text from Callum. We hadn't spoken since I found out his mother wanted nothing to do with me. I pushed the thought to the back of my head a smiled at my bestfriends.

Hayley passed me a cute little pink box wrapped with gold ribbon, I opened it to find a cute picture frame for my first picture of my daughter, and also little accesories including bows for her hair including a small pair of white pumps.

"Open mine!" Izzy pleaded handing me a slightly bigger box wrapped in purple. I sat at the garden table and gazed into the box to find lots of cute cuddly toys inside. The gifts were thoughtful and I thanked them both, placing them inside with the other gifts I was yet to open.

"Are you okay sweetie? You look a little pale" Mom fussed resting the palm of her hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"I'm fine, please stop fussing" I moaned, pushing her hand away. She took the hint, smiled and walked back towards my aunt.

"Food for my little girl?" Dad asked passing me a plate with a sausage from the barbeque.

"Don't think you can really call me that anymore Dad, not so little anymore" I laughed looking down at my baby bump.

"You'll always be my little girl Summer" He grinned squeezing my shoulder lightly and sitting beside me. "You know, you can always tell me...who the father is kiddo"

"He's no one" I mumbled, scoffing food into my mouth. I could never tell Dad that the father was Austin, his parents and mine were friends, he'd flip out and go on about how irresponsible he was

"If you say so darling" He said dropping it and patting the top of my head as he mingled with guests. I watched everyone talking, laughing and enjoying themselves but all I wanted to do was get into bed and cry. I wanted to scream, shout and let all my anger out. Right now, I wanted to run back to that park and tell Austin exactly how I felt, exactly what he was doing to me. But instead I grinned and bared it for the rest of the afternoon as people came to ask me how I was about a million times.

****

As the baby shower drew to an end and guests had began to leave, I helped mom and dad clean up the garden. My mind wandered back to Austin in the park, his eyes sparkling as they connected with mine and the feeling of my heart racing. Had I really just said goodbye to the man I'd ever truly loved? The only person who I had really connected with, was no longer in my life. And suddenly I felt a huge hole in my heart.

Someone cleared their throat behind me and I quickly wiped a stray tear away from my cheek. Callum stood in the door way of the patio, smiling hopefully at me holding a present in one hand. I hadn't seen him for months, I wanted to scrwam and shout at him for turning up here unanounced, but instead I through my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. He sighed with relief and buried his head in my neck, hugging me back. 

"Please don't tell me to stay away Summer, your my sister and I want to be in your life" He whispered in my ear.

"I'm sorry Cal, I'm so sorry" I mumbled letting a few tears roll down my cheek.

"Don't apologise, I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere"

Callum was the closest thing to a real family I had, even if she didn't want me, I realised life was too short to have enemies and I wanted him in my life.

*****

My eyes flickered open and I was greeted by Oscar's warm prescence and I buried my head in his chest. "Wakey wakey sleepy head" he whispered kissing the top of my head.

"Has everyone gone?" I asked hopefully, he nodded and leaned forward pulling a small blue box out of his jacket.

"Here, for you" He said placing the box into my hand. I sat up opposite Oscar, his eyes watching my every move as i gently slid the lid of the box off. Inside revelaved a small silver heart on a chain, a necklace. I marvelled at its beauty as my finger softly traced the edges of the pendant. "Its gorgeous Oscar, thank you"

"Open it"

'Open it?"

"Yeah its a locket see" he pointed out delightly opening the side of the pendant to show to the inside. "I figured you could put a picture of your beautiful little girl inside it once she arrives, then once she grows up and goes to college, she'll always be with you".

A small tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it away, this was such a thoughtful and beautiful gift, I was stunned by his generosity and was lost for words. He was amazing, every girls dream guy. He was always trying his best to see me smile and make me happy. He was perfect in fact, but I couldn't help but allow my mind to wonder back to Austin and his face as I said goodbye.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Well there you have it! How cute is Oscar? Is he your dream guy? Sounds perfect but is he? Sorry for the delay, I had a bit of a block wrtting this chapter, I wrote half of it then my mind blocked! Supoose you could call it writers block! Anyway, hope you liked the chapter! Team Austin or Oscar?! Comment/Vote/Follow! -Ally