Prince Charming

"Hey baby bump! It's auntie Carrie! Your favourite Auntie!"

"It's only auntie" I giggled as Carrie knelt beside the couch I was stretched out on, staring at my bump. I was soon due for my next check up, when I would find out the gender of my baby. To be truthful, I couldn't wait. Everyday, I couldn't wait to meet him or her. Carrie had decided she was going to be the baby's aunt, which I didn't mind. As far as I was concerned she could be as involved with my baby as she pleased. She was just as excited to meet the baby as I was.

"Which is why I'm even more special!" Carrie explained, placing a hand on my stomach and rubbing it, which was weird. I took her wrist and chucked her hand away, earning a disapproving glare. "I have to go now, my beautiful niece or nephew! But don't worry I WILL be back!"

"I don't doubt that you will" I mumbled jokingly.

"What was that?" Carrie asked standing up and raising her eyebrows, placing her hands on her hips.

"Oh nothing" I grinned, hoisting myself up so I was sitting with my legs crossed over. So far, Carrie had been at my house every night straight after school to see me. Honestly, I saw her more now than I did when I was going to school and I wasn't pregnant! Not that it bothered me, I had normally already finished my work by then and would be doing nothing. Last night, Friday, she came straight over from school and stayed over. We watched all our favourite movies and ate Ben and Jerries ice cream all night. I must have devoured two whole tubs of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream in the space of 3 hours. This baby was making me crave all sorts of foods too, including chocolate, ice cream, Pringles, and nachos.

"Right I'm going Sum, if you need me to pick you up anything then just-"

"Carrie, I'm pregnant, not crippled. I can drive you know" I pointed out jumping up and following Carrie into the hallway.

"I know I know, it was just a thought!" She explained opening the front door.

"Well thank you, I will bare it in mind" I grinned closing the door behind her as she left. I let out a long sigh, locking the door behind me and shuffling into the kitchen. Rummaging through the fridge, I came to the conclusion that mom hadn't done her weekly shop yet, so there was nothing to eat. It was Saturday night and I was stuck in again, eating the contents of the kitchen. Leon was going to a basketball game with a few friends, dad was on a work trip and mom wouldn't be home till seven o'clock. Tapping my fingers on the counter, I decided to go and get myself some tea.

Looking myself over in the mirror, I realised I was certainly not dressed to go anywhere, so I trudged back up to my room to attempt to find some clothes that still fit me. I pulled out a pair of maternity jeans and a dark blue vest top. I grabbed my phone, keys, purse and Jack Wills jumper, pulling it over my head, hiding my bump. My hair was still curly from the perm so I didn't need to do anything to it. I yanked on my ankle ugg boots and jogged down the staircase. Now I was ready to go out.

Locking up my house, I embraced the cold air as I waddled to my car. This baby was definitely going to be whopper. I was only 4 months pregnant and already quite heavy. Sitting comfortably in the drivers seat of my car, I started up the engine and drove towards town. Turning on the radio, I couldn't decide where to go for my tea. Everywhere was busy and it was 5:30 already. My stomach growled hungrily so I sighed in defeat, turning into the parking lot of wall-mart.

The lot was rather quiet and empty so I parked in the nearest spot to the entrance. The less walking the better right? I shoved my things into my pockets, locking my car and waddling to the entrance. My feet had gradually started to swell around the ankles, causing me to look like a penguin and I knew that in a month or so I would need a few new pairs of shoes.