03

Same day

Beautiful fairy lights were hanged  , huge hanging chandeliers with fresh beautiful tulips giving a beautifully aesthetic look. No doubt whole batra mansion was decorated like a bride. Every single person of business world was invited and why wouldn't.  After all it was the engagement of the elder daughter of Anand Batra. It has to be wholey royal.

And then there stood Nimrat , checking all the arrangements in the kitchen. From all the refreshments to the snacks and then lastly the dinner. From handling all the decoration to kitchen work , everything was her responsibility. It was Misha's order that she wanted everything to be done by Nimrat on her engagement day but Nimrat knew well. This was all on purpose.

Misha just wants her to suffer as she promised. She wants to see her broken while she get engaged to the man Nimrat loves. It was all her plan.

In which she was totally successful.

"Baba guests kuch der mai aa jaenge. Aap please saare khane peene ka intezam dekh lijiyega , just don't let anything get wrong" As she explained everything to their cook , she found herself being turned around softly. (Uncle guests are about to come , you please take care of all the snacks and refreshments)

"Bas bas shaant ho jao di , kabse idhar se udhar bhage jaa rahi ho. Kuch khaya bhi nahi hai aapna shaam se"  Pratik exclaimed disappointed in his sister.(Calm down di , you have been running from here to there and haven't even eat anything)

Pratik Batra. 20-year-old with beautiful doe shaped eyes , Dark brown hair and simply charming face. He just completed his school and was in first year of BBA . As he stood there with a glass of juice in his hands and a slight angry look on his face. He couldn't control but to soft his gaze as he saw his sister smiling at him softly.

"Thanku little brother" She said taking the glass from him .

"Ye sab aapke kaam nahi hai di , iss sab ke liye workers hai yaha. Sab taiyaar ho chuke hai aur Singhanias bhi aane wale hai. Go get ready , leave all this to uncle. He will do these things . Why are you smil-" His blabbering came to end as he found himself being pulled in a gentle hug by Nimrat. (These are not your work sister. Workers are there for it , everyone is ready and the Singhanias are on their way)

As Nimrat slowly released a sigh , she didn't know when her eyes teared up and those stupid crystals started pouring resulting in her to tighten her hold onto her brother who embraced her firmly. If not for Pratik , she wouldn't have been able to survived now because she knew that the house which people called home was not home for them. Nimrat was hated by every member in that house and the disappointment the people had for Pratik because of his bond with Nimrat ,  she knew that they both had noone there.

"You are strong di , remember you are my superhero , my ideal. And you see up there , maybe maa have something more good with her to offer you" and there she was crying.

She loved her step brother to death , one of the reasons was the time when she heard him calling her mother maa.

****