22

Cash groans hearing his alarm going off, he reaches for his phone on the floor, turns off the alarm, and covers his face with his blanket. It's fucking 6 am in the morning... Why the hell did Sebastian want them out on an early mission? Bullshit, he just wants to sleep. Cash felt the left side of the bed sinking in, someone sitting down beside him. He felt a hand pull the blanket off his face. Cash opened his eyes, glaring at Nix. "Why?"

"Time for you to get up," Nix says standing from the bed, Cash notices a blue shirt with a supermarket name on it, ah Nix's work shirt.

"I might just skip the mission." Cash says.

"Are you even allowed to do that?" Nix asked while putting his sneakers on.

"No... But fuck it." Cash says sitting up.

"Don't piss off Dallas," Nix says grabbing his hoodie.

Cash rolled his eyes. "Yeah, he's kind of annoying when he's pissed off."

"You do it a lot," Nix says.

"He's very easy to tick off... It's a hobby of mine." Cash says getting out of bed.

Nix snorts. "Go easy on him, would you? He... He hasn't been having a good week." Nix says.

Cash sighs. "I'm not going to baby him cuz he's having a bad week... He's not a child."

Nix rolled his eyes. "Be less of a dick today."

Cash sighs dramatically as he puts on his jeans. "I'm not going to be the problem today. Sebastian is forcing Caleb to come with us today since we're going to the abandoned roads."

Nix frowns at hearing Caleb's name, "Damn." Nix paused for a moment. "Wait abandoned roads?"

Cash nods. "Yeah." He grabs a shirt throwing it over his head.

"That's dangerous... Just the three of you?" Nix asked. Abandoned roads are filled with monsters. Those roads are usually where they dump the overdosed bodies to transform. There are also rumors about mad scientists doing experiments over there.

"Dallas and I are the best hunters. Caleb is the best hunter and assassin Sebastian has. We'll be fine." Cash says.

Nix looks nervous for a second. "You sure?"

Cash glanced at Nix. "Worried about my safety?"

"Well duh," Nix says crossing his arms.

Cash walked over to Nix. "It's fine, it's a small mission, it'll take like 3 hours... I'll call you after?"

Nix looks at Cash, concerns still written on his face. "Alright."

Dallas was fidgeting with the bracelet on his wrist, today was not a good day for him. He had to deal with Cash by himself... They haven't really been alone on a mission in a while... When the mission is a bit on the difficult side Sebastian always sends him and Cash. Cash is good at this job, he's good at getting shit done... He's just an asshole that likes to get under Dallas's skin, even more now since Dallas became close with Nix, Cash seem to dislike that for whatever reason. And then... There's Caleb who's joining them for this morning's mission... Caleb, fuck there's nothing more annoying than Caleb and Cash together... Those two get along too well... Dallas assumes it's because they're both assholes.

His day isn't going to go well, especially if Cash doesn't figure out about Dallas and Caleb being soulmates... He'll just be a dick about it.

"Gonna give ya yourself a bruise dumbass," Caleb says as he walks up to Dallas who was leaning against his car in Infront of the dirt road path to abandoned roads.