12

Nix felt hands on his waist, squeezing his sides tightly, he felt something nuzzled in the back of his head and then he heard a deep voice whisper in his ear. "Time to get up." Nix sighs as he leans into the warmth against his back. Nix opened his eyes; he was staring at the wall of Cash's room. Was it already time to get up? Nix didn't get back here till late, Lydia was already gone, and Cash was asleep, so he just crawled into bed with him.

"What time is it?" Nix asked as he turned his body, facing Cash who was already dressed.

"5 am." Cash answers, his arms still wrapped around Nix's waist.

Nix made a face as he snuggled his face into Cash's chest. "Why? Let's sleep for a few more minutes or a few more hours."

Cash chuckles. "Nah you little night owl, got to get up, we should get on the road. It's a long drive."

Nix whine. "5 more minutes."

"Maybe you shouldn't have stayed out all night." Cash joked. "Why did you leave last night?"

"You were fucking Lydia so I didn't want to interrupt," Nix says yawning loudly as he looks up at Cash.

"You could have." Cash says sitting up. "I wouldn't have cared."

"Bullshit," Nix says stretching out his legs and his arms. "Stopping you in the middle of sex? Nah."

Cash chuckled as he stood from the bed. "Where did you go?" Cash asked curious, when he saw Nix's bag by the door last night, he was honestly really worried that Nix was pissed off at him for not letting him know he might be busy with Lydia.

"I went to the club... In the underground." Nix says sitting up.

Cash frowns. "By yourself? Why?"

"Well, there's this guy I've been talking to. During the few times, I went to your fights..." Nix says.

"Ah, you went to get laid." Cash smirk. "I let that slide, but I'm not comfortable with you going there without me."

"Why not? I can handle my own." Nix says getting up from the bed, he walks over to the dresser and sees his jeans.

"I know you can. But there's a few people who fucking hate me and if they knew you were my soulmate... It'll get messy." Cash says.

"Ah, got it." Nix put his jeans on. "Noted." He runs his hands through his messy curls. "I won't go alone."

"Good." Cash walked out of the room. "Hurry up, I want to get there before night."

It was a long drive, about 8 and a half hours. Nix fell asleep 5 hours in, Cash couldn't help but glance at him, the way he slept how he curled up in the passenger seat, his lips parted, a little drool on his chin, his small little twitches in his sleep. It was kinda cute. Kinda.

They arrived at the beach, and Cash woke Nix up, his little stretches when he woke up were hard not to smile at when Nix exited the car, his green eyes stared at the ocean, the beach looked beautiful, and there were a lot of people laying on the sand, the kids playing sandcastles, people playing in the water. it was amazing, Nix was amazed just looking at it. Nix followed Cash into their hotel room, he noticed one bed, which wasn't weird they shared a bed all the time, but now it felt different, it made Nix's heart skip a beat. His cheeks heated at the thought of them sharing a hotel bed and looking out the beautiful window in front of the bed tonight... It seemed romantic.

Cash took Nix outside to the beach, the way Nix's eyes lit up as they walked down to the ocean, and the way Nix's lips turned up into a huge smile when they stepped into the water was a nice sight. He seemed to enjoy this, he turned to look at Cash with a giant smile which made Cash's chest tighten, and he felt butterflies in his stomach. He looked away. No no no.