3

Cash was smoking a cigarette, leaning against the building. Watching Dallas pile some of the monster's body parts and organs in the trunk of his truck, they had a good amount so there should be some good cash between the three of them, Cash glances over at River who is fixing up Nix's wound, she was pretty skilled when it comes to patching someone up. Cash was not ready to meet his soulmate today, and he's not even surprised his soulmate is some guy. Not even just some guy, he was young. He looked young. He was thin but still seemed like he was in shape, he had a messy brown mop for hair, and long bangs that almost covered those pretty little eyes. He sees a couple of tattoos on his thin arms. Nix had a lip ring and a few ear piercings.

The only good thing about Nix is that he's not a pussy. He didn't run away like his friends. They just left him here alone. "Cash."

Dallas walked over to Cash. "What?" Cash asked, he was honestly in a bad mood at the moment.

"Why the hell are we helping that kid?" Dallas points at Nix. "It's fucking obvious we're not actual hunters."

"I can see the color green." Cash says glancing at Nix.

Dallas was quiet for a moment. He stared at Cash. He knew Cash couldn't see green, Dallas glanced at Nix. "Fuck..."

"Yeah." Cash looks over at Dallas.

"What are you going to do?" Dallas asked, lighting a cigarette.

"Take him home and let him know, this soulmate shit isn't going to work." Cash says.

"Not gonna try and give him a chance?" Dallas asked.

"Why the fuck would I?" Cash asked rolling his eyes.

"Cause he's your soulmate," Dallas says with a shrug. "Look, I'm not a huge fan of the soulmate bullshit either, but I would still give my soulmate a chance."

"He's a guy." Cash says. "I'm not into it."

"Yeah, I'm not into guys either, but I would still be open to it," Dallas says puffing on his cigarette.

"That easily huh?" Cash raises a brow.

"I mean, they're my soulmate for a reason," Dallas says. "You remember how River was right? You can't just never see him again."

Cash sighs. "I know. We can be friends."

Dallas snorts. "You do that."

River waves Cash over after she is done patching up Nix's side. Cash walked away from Dallas. "Good?" Cash asked.

"Yeah, like I said before, it wasn't that bad," Nix says.

"He will be fine, I gave him some pain meds," River says.

"Cool." Cash says flicking his cigarette on the ground. "I'll take you home."

"Nah I'm good," Nix says. "I can get to the train station on my own."

"I'm sure you can, but we need to talk–"

"Do we?" Nix asked. "Yo, look. Just because we're soulmates, doesn't mean we have to be friendly."

River's eyes widen as she stares between the two of them. "Holy shit, you finally found your soulmate." River laughed.

"Go help Dallas with the rest of the shit." Cash says glaring at River.

River sighs. "Fine." River stood up. "He's cute, don't fuck it up." River whispers to Cash as she walks away.

Cash glances at Nix. Was he cute? Cash doesn't really find him attractive. "Look, I don't want a soulmate, especially not a male soulmate, I doubt you want a male soulmate."