25

Nix felt exhausted, he would rather go home and sleep but after seeing that terrified expression on Cash's face. He couldn't leave the man alone, so he decided he'd just ride along to the club. Probably wasn't the best idea, he felt sore with every movement, but he was trying his best to push the feeling aside. Nix followed Cash into the club, he could hear Caleb and Dallas arguing behind them, they were bickering the whole ride here, and it was a bit entertaining to hear, especially when Caleb knew how to set off Dallas.

"Tell Sebastian he can go fuck himself," Dallas said lighting a cigarette. "I'm not talking to him today."

Cash sighs. "So, I got to report for you?"

"Now he's going to be pissed off at us because you didn't bless him with your presence." Caleb teased, he had a bag filled with the organs and limbs from the monsters they killed.

Dallas rolled his eyes. "I'll take Nix to the basement, I'll meet you two there," Dallas said walking away from the two.

Nix followed behind Dallas as the other two headed toward the office. "How was it today?" Nix asked.

"Awful," Dallas answered. "Cash knows Caleb and I are soulmates."

Nix chuckles. "Ah, I see, that's why he was teasing you two in the car." Dallas rolled his eyes and stayed quiet. "Did you and Caleb talk? You seem... Less irritated than usual."

"Kind of?" Dallas said.

"Those bruises on your face... I doubt a monster did that." Nix said, he also noticed Caleb's nose. Those two were in a fight.

"We fought out our issues I guess," Dallas said walking into an elevator. Nix smiles when he sees Julia.

"Hey." He greeted her as he entered the elevator as well.

She smiles. "Hey! Thought you had work today?"

"I did but my sister needed help to break into her crackhead boyfriend's place and then I got stab so. Off for a few days." Nix answered.

Julia's eyes widen. "Oh, my God! You got stabbed!?"

"Yeah, but I'm good. Dull knife." Nix said.

"You sure? Maybe you should be resting." Julia said with a concerned expression.

"I'm fine really," Nix said with a small chuckle. "Just a few stitches."

Julia sighs. "Alright, I'll take your word for it." She said. "What are you guys up to?"

"We're heading down to the basement, to wait on Cash and Caleb," Nix answered leaning against the wall. "Are you done for the night?"

"Yeah, I came in early so I could leave early," Julia said. "I actually don't feel like being at the apartment alone since you two will be here... Mind if I hang back with you guys?" Julia asked.

Nix glances at Dallas who shakes his head. "Nah, you can join," Dallas answered.

Julia smiles. "Thanks." Julia noticed Dallas's face. "What happened? Get into a fight?"

"Yeah," Dallas said.

"Caleb?" She asked. "Candace told me how you two constantly fight whenever you're together."

Dallas nods. "Yeah... He's a dick."

Julia laughed. "He seems to like it, I see him around since he usually books a room with Maria." She looks around. "But his looks make up for it."

Nix chuckled. "He's a large man."

"Have you seen his arms?" Julia asked.

"I only noticed his hands," Nix said.