𝟑𝟗: 𝐏𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲

LONG CHAPTER.

"Kuch aur bolna hai?" I finally managed, my voice hoarse with unspoken questions

"Kuch aur bolna hai?" I finally managed, my voice hoarse with unspoken questions. The words hung heavy in the air, a plea for a glimpse into her heart.

Her lips remained stubbornly shut, but a flicker of something crossed her face – a flicker that could have been pain, defiance, or maybe even a touch of regret. The uncertainty gnawed at me, mirroring the chaos within.

Was I overreading it? Or was there a hidden message in the depths of her eyes, a message waiting to be deciphered? The silence stretched between us, thick and suffocating, a tangible entity demanding to be broken.

(You want to say something else?)

"Kahan jaa rahe hai?" Aisha's breath hitched as she saw me. The shock on her face was a mirror to my own surprise at her unexpected presence. Gone was the dishevelled mess of the previous night. I stood before her, dressed in the crisp suit I used to favour, a ghost from a life seemingly left behind.

(Where are you going?)

"Wapas" I said, meeting her gaze steadily.

(Back)

Aisha's voice, barely a whisper, shattered the silence. "Wapas...matlab?" Her question, laced with a frantic desperation, echoed in the sterile hallway. Her head darted back and forth, searching the empty space around us like a caged animal.

(Back as in?)

"Ghar jaa rahe hai?" she asked again.

(Back home?)

"Ghar ko chorh kar jaa rahe hai" A soft smile played on my lips as I leaned in closer. I finished my sentence, my voice a low murmur. 'I don't have a home without you, baby.'

(Leaving my home)

"Matlab?"

(Meaning?)

"Meri Jaan," I said cupping her cheeks,

(My love)

"Tumhe chorh ke jaane ka dil to nahi karta, na hi kabhi karega, par mujhe khud par bharosa nahi hai, jab bhi tum aas paas hoti ho, aur tumhe koi aur dekhta bhi hai to mujhe lagta hai jaan le lu uski, tum khush raho yahan, aaj ke baad kabhi tumhe meri shakal nahi dekhni padegi...mera bachhaa, bahut bahut bahut pyaar karta hu tumse...humesha yaad rakhna, kabhi bhi mere paas aao, tum jaan bhi mang lo, ye Kabir humesha tumhare liye hi rahega."

(I don't want to leave you, not now, not ever. But I don't trust myself anymore. Whenever you're around, and someone else even glances at you, I feel like tearing them apart. You deserve to be happy here, and from today onwards, you won't have to see my face again. My love, I love you so, so much... Always remember, whenever and whatever you need me for, even if it's my life, I will always be there for you.)