chapter 3

"Jesus fucking christ."

Indigo's phone dropped on the tiles of the pavement she was sat on, causing her to swear under her breath a second time as she picked it back up, before turning around to look up at Harry.

He was standing right behind her, his hands behind his back as he was bent down a little to be able to get a good view of what she was doing on her phone.

Her reaction caused him to chuckle a little in amusement, and he ran his hand through his still messy hair as he stood back up straight.

"Didn't mean to scare you," he said almost sarcastically as he put his hands in his pockets.

He was still wearing his grey sweatpants, but now with a plain white t shirt on top. It was a little oversized and he had the sleeves rolled up, exposing the tattoos that were high on his upper arms.

"What are you doing here?" Indigo muttered at him as she pushed herself off the floor, checking if her phone screen wasn't broken, just to avoid eye contact with him.

"What are you doing here?" he returned the question. "You've been sitting in front of my fucking house for thirty minutes, Googling me."

"I wasn't..." Indigo started, but she knew there was no use in denying it, because he had seen her read an article. So instead, she just mumbled "whatever", shrugging as she did so.

"You didn't know I was an artist, did you?" Harry asked, his eyebrow raised as an amused smirk slowly grew around his lips.

Indigo rolled her eyes. "Just didn't expect you to ever achieve anything."

"So you actually didn't know." Harry blew air out his nose as a way to softly laugh. "Crazy, huh?"

Indigo just shrugged again and opened her mouth to say something, but Harry beat her to it.

"Must be crazy to find out I'm an artist after you thought you ruined my chances of a good career forever."

"Your music is probably shit," Indigo mumbled, shooting him a sarcastic smile, "so you'll be forgotten about in like a year. Good luck finding another career."

Harry scoffed, shaking his head in annoyance.

"You're just jealous because I live in a big fucking house and you'll have to go back to your sad little student dorm and study for your next exam. Is that why you're still here, Indy? Don't you wanna go back anymore?" he asked her, pouting with big eyes as he pretended to feel sorry for her.

Indigo rolled her eyes again and crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm just waiting for my taxi."

"The taxi that you haven't booked yet because you don't have money for one," he stated, causing her to look up at him in confusion because it didn't even seem like he was just guessing. It was like he knew.

It felt like Harry read her mind, because he chuckled at her confused expression and shrugged as he said "I do remember some things from last night, Indy. One of them is you repeating to me over and over again that you'll pay me back for the taxi once you have the money, meaning you don't have it yet."

Indigo squinted her eyes. "What else do you remember?"

Harry raised his eyebrows and shrugged as a way to tell her he wasn't going to say anything. Instead, he took one of his hands out of his pocket, his wallet now sat in it.

"Fifty will do, won't it?" he asked her as he opened it and took out a few bills, flipping through them as he was searching for a fifty dollar one.

"What the fuck Harry, I'm not letting you pay for my taxi," Indigo told him insistently, frowning in shock.