chapter 5

"That's not what I meant," she denied, shaking her head fiercely as she frowned a little to try and look convincing, although her heart was racing.

And she could tell Harry noticed.

He was now sat up straight and took one last hit from his now small cigarette before he pressed it in the ash tray on his nightstand, bending forward to do so, which caused his arm to brush against Indigo's.

His touch almost made her shiver, although it was just a slight touch. She didn't even know why, and she just tried her best to ignore it as she continued to try and find the right thing to say to talk herself out of it.

"Not what you meant?" Harry repeated her words, his eyebrows furrowed as he leaned forward a little to look her in the eyes. "Wanna tell me what you did mean then, Indy?"

There was a slight smirk around his lips, but not as big as it was a few seconds ago. There was something about his somewhat dark eyes and his furrowed brows that almost made him look intimidating.

"I j- just had a dream about someone else in which I..." Indigo trailed off as her eyes followed Harry when he slowly pushed himself off the bed and took a step forward so he was towering over her.

"Go on," he told her with his voice low, as he slowly moved his hand to her face to tuck her hair behind her ear. Indigo stood frozen in her spot, utterly confused by his movements.

She wanted to push him away and walk out of the room, hoping she would never have to face him again, but something about his touch made it impossible for her to move.

Something about his stare made it feel like he was controlling her; like he was controlling how she breathed and moved. And the only thing she could really do with his eyes on her like that was look right back at him, barely blinking as she felt his finger brush over her warm cheeks.

She hated him.

And he was drunk.

So everything about this was not right, yet she didn't stop him.

She didn't stop him when his fingers brushed over her jaw, down the side of her neck and back up over her throat, until he stopped moving his hand right underneath her chin.

He pushed it up just slightly, and just above a whisper he asked "who did you dream about, Indigo?"

Her lips were slightly parted as she tried to speak, but nothing came out. Only when Harry's other hand moved to her hip, she snapped out of her frozen state. As if he just tapped her out of it.

Immediately, she pushed his hands off her and took a step back, almost tumbling over the nightstand behind her as she did so.

"I need to- I need to go."

Harry barely even reacted to the way she just pushed him off her. It just confirmed to her that he had no idea what he was even doing, which was the only explanation for why he was even touching her like that; he would never do so if he was sober.

As she clumsily made her way to the bedroom door, Harry let himself fall back down on the bed, getting out another cigarette.

"Found your uncle's bracelet?" he asked her, mumbling in almost a cold tone, as if he didn't just touch her face softly like that.

Indigo was already at the door, but stopped in her tracks to turn around and face him.

"It's a necklace," she told him coldly, "and it's my grandma's."

She wasn't sure how she could just switch up on him like that, but it felt like she was just compensating for the way she just almost folded when he had his hands on her warm skin. She couldn't stand herself for it.