chapter 38

After Harry shut the bedroom door behind him, Indigo sat in her room and cried for an hour, convinced he was gone and she'd never speak to him again.

She couldn't stop herself from constantly replaying the same image in her mind; the way he stood in the doorway, looking at her, his emerald eyes shiny, a tear rolling down his cheek.

It hurt seeing him like that. It absolutely crushed her, and the fact that her words caused it, made her heart ache.

Part of her wanted to sit in her bedroom and cry for hours, but she knew it wouldn't do anything. So after a long hour of tears continuously streaming down her face, she eventually left the room to go downstairs - to the kitchen where he left a bouquet of indigo-coloured flowers.

It was the prettiest bouquet she had ever seen, and although she knew it was something that was meant to make her smile, it was impossible to stop a sob from escaping her mouth as soon as she laid eyes on it.

He had given her something that was special to just her, but while the indigo flowers were sat in a beautiful vase downstairs, she had been upstairs accusing him of not doing enough.

It was unfair, and she realised it so well right now.

And although she had left her bedroom as an attempt
to finally stop herself from crying, she found herself sitting at the kitchen table, bouquet in her hands, crying for another thirty minutes.

Only when the front door opened, she stopped crying immediately and quickly wiped away the tears that were rolling down her cheek.

"Is anyone in?" a female voice echoed through the hallway as the front door fell shut.

It was one of her roommates, Amelia. Indigo didn't see her a lot, but she knew Amelia enough to know she'd come into the kitchen and talk to her. She was always up for small talk.

"I'm in," Indigo tried to call back just as loud, although her voice just broke instead.

Hearing footsteps approach the kitchen, Indigo quickly rubbed her face as an attempt to make it look like she didn't just cry her eyes out, although she knew there was no good way to hide it.

"Hey," Amelia said happily as she walked in, a wide smile on her face that Indigo only saw for a split second before she turned her head around to hide her red eyes.

"Hey."

"Who else is home?" Amelia asked, making her way to the fridge to open it, obviously unaware of Indigo's state.

Indigo frowned, but kept her head down to avoid eye contact.

"No one, why?"

"There's a car in the driveway," Amelia shrugged, moving some things around in the fridge to find whatever she was looking for. "That's not yours, right? I remember you telling me you can't drive."

"A car?" Indigo asked, still frowning until something clicked in her mind. The second she realised who's car it could be, she jumped up from her chair.

"Yeah, a black-"

"I have to go."

Indigo immediately grabbed her phone off the table and ran out of the kitchen. She could vaguely hear Amelia calling after her, and she could only really hear the confusion in her voice, but she didn't even try to process what her roommate said. She just snatched her coat off the coat rack and opened the door.

Her eyes fell on a black car in the driveway - a car she knew very well.

Harry's.

He never went home. He was still somewhere close, and it wasn't hard to guess where he was.