chapter 49

It was weird to look at Harry sitting at the other side of the table in a restaurant he took her to, in a city they traveled to together, and realise this was once the guy she wanted dead.

The guy she once despised with every fiber of her being was her boyfriend now. And surprisingly, she was the happiest she had been in a long time.

Ever since he asked her to be his girlfriend, she hadn't been able to stop herself from smiling. All she really did - even hours after they left the hotel room to go into the city - was look at him and smile while her stomach flipped over and over again until it knocked her sick.

Although Harry was a little better at hiding whatever he was feeling right now, Indigo knew he felt the same: there was this little sparkle in his emerald eyes every time their eyes met, which told her everything she needed to know without needing him to be more vulnerable with her.

There were still many parts of him she had yet to discover - despite being his girlfriend now - but after seeing him slowly open up to her over the past few weeks, she didn't worry about it as much as she used to.

Until he was no longer scared to just say whatever was going on in that foggy mind of his, she'd focus on the little things he did for her that showed her how he felt.

"Where do you wanna go after dessert, baby? Is there anything else you wanna see today or do you wanna go back to our hotel and continue tomorrow?" Harry's voice pulled her out of her deep thoughts when she was once again trying to grasp how drastically things had changed over the last months.

"Can't you decide this time?" she asked once she properly processed his question, rapidly blinking her eyes a few times before she made them meet his. "I've been the one who's been deciding where to go all day. It's your turn now."

"I like it when you decide," Harry shrugged as he laid his phone on the table next to his finished plate, smirking a little as he let his back fall against the backrest of the wooden restaurant chair, "and I'm in this city every other month, so I don't care where we go."

"I've also been here before." Indigo furrowed her eyebrows and slouched down in her own chair to match Harry's attitude. "So I don't care either."

Harry chuckled at her words, his cocky smirk only growing in amusement. "Oh so you've seen everything, yeah?"

Indigo nodded, shrugging nonchalantly. "Pretty much."

"Hmm," Harry hummed with a slow, fake impressed nod as he crossed his arms over his chest, "so what did you and your friends order the last time you went to this restaurant? Since you've seen everything, I assume you've been here before too."

Indigo rolled her eyes at him and crossed her arms over her chest too. "You know we couldn't afford to go to a restaurant like this."

"Mhm," Harry nodded again, his lips curling into a grin at the way she just proved his point, "so there's a lot of other things you didn't go to because you didn't have the money. We do have the money now, so tell me where you wanna go."

Indigo frowned and shook her head. "I'm not gonna use you for your money."

"You're not using me," Harry denied, his amused grin only growing as he added "although I wouldn't mind."

"Harry-"

"All I'm saying is that I'm willing to take you wherever you want to go, no matter the price," he quickly added because he knew she was seconds away from telling him off for trying to ruin a perfectly normal conversation.

Indigo sighed as she propped her elbows on the table, grabbing the tissue that was laid in front of her to fiddle with it as she tried to think of any places to go. She honestly still didn't agree with the idea of Harry paying for everything they did, but she knew it was useless to argue with him about it. He'd refuse to leave the restaurant until he'd get his way.