chapter 31

H: how did the exam go?

INDIGO: harry...

H: indy :)

INDIGO: the exam is at 2pm

INDIGO: i told u that 5 times.

INDIGO: weren't u the one who arranged this...?

H: i don't have the best memory

H: no need for the attitude! not everyone is smart indigo.

INDIGO: u just don't listen.

H: i could easily call them up right now and have them cancel it if you don't drop your attitude

INDIGO: u wouldn't.

H: watch me.

INDIGO: i'll punch u in the face and give u an mTBI

H: what does that mean again...?

INDIGO: you'll find out won't you :)

H: i think i'd rather not..

"What are you smiling at?"

She didn't even realise she was smiling, but Indigo's face dropped as soon as Julian spoke.

"Nothing," she mumbled, shooting him an innocent look as she quickly locked her phone and pushed it back in the pocket of her pants.

"You were texting Harry," Julian remarked, smirking in amusement. "That's what 'H' means, right? It's not really slick, Indy."

"It's not supposed to be." Indigo rolled her eyes but couldn't stop the corner of her lips from curling up a little. "You're just not supposed to read along with my private conversations."

"You were laughing, Indigo," Julian fired back in defense, his voice no louder than a whisper to not attract the attention from anyone else in the classroom - especially the teacher. "Of course I had to see why you were laughing because I personally don't find this class hilarious."

"No?" Indigo asked teasingly, looking up to scan her eyes over screen at the front of the classroom . She honestly hadn't even properly paid attention yet. "You don't think 'the treatment of otitis externa' is funny?"

"Not at all." Julian chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Too bad," Indigo joked as she quickly let her eyes glide over the bullet points on the powerpoint on the screen to at least find out what 'otitis externa' meant since she completely missed the explanation.

"Inflammation of the outer part of the ear," Julian helped her when he noticed the confused look on her face. He grinned again when Indigo mouthed a quick "thanks", and they were both quiet for a moment as Indigo started typing the term and definition in the still empty document on her laptop.

But before she could even get to the definition, Julian spoke again.

"So are you and Harry friends again now?"

Indigo stopped typing but kept her eyes on the screen as she shrugged. "We've never been friends in the first place. He just helped me study for the resit. That's why he asked about it."