chapter 42

"Fuck me gently."

Harry's feet were glued to the floor after she said the words; his eyes glued to hers. From his rapid blinking and his breathing that picked up just the slightest bit, Indigo knew the words were echoing in his mind over and over again.

She didn't do anything to disrupt the echoes. In fact, she was stood as frozen as he was, with his hand still in hers, and her heartbeat picking up its pace with every second that passed; wondering what he'd do next, if he'd even do anything at all.

But finally, after five seconds that felt like fifty, Harry tightened his grip on her hand to pull her closer, and he brushed his knuckle over her cheek ever so softly.

"Tell me what you want me to do to you," he whispered as he carefully tucked her hair behind her ear, "I'll do anything."

Indigo breathed in shakily, trying not to crumble from his touch and his soft but intimidating stare.

"Just be gentle," she whispered back.

As a reaction to her request, Harry lifted her chin up slowly, while bringing his face closer to hers until his lips brushed over hers.

"Okay," he whispered, the quietest she had ever heard him be, before he pressed his lips on hers in the most gentle way she had ever felt him do.

She never would have expected this short and simple kiss to make her feel things no kiss had ever made her feel before. No kiss had ever made her stomach turn and her head spin like this one did. No kiss had ever made her feel this warm in such a short amount of time.

It left her craving more, but Harry pulled away before she got the chance to properly process any of the feelings rushing through her body right now. While her breath was still stuck in her throat, Harry's hand slipped off her face. Keeping hold of her other hand, he started walking towards the stairs, leading her with him.

Only the sound of their footsteps on the stairs and in the hallway broke the silence as they made their way to Harry's bedroom. Indigo's palm was sweating against his, and her heart was racing as if she had never been touched by him before.

Harry visibly felt it too; his palm was sweating as much as hers was, causing his ring to slip halfway off his finger when he finally let go of her hand. When he pushed it back up, a small chuckle falling from his lips, Indigo even noticed how his hands were slightly trembling.

"Why didn't you sleep in here last night?" she asked, breaking the silence in his bedroom that created a tension she couldn't quite describe.

"I didn't want to leave you alone in the living room," Harry said, closing the door behind them as if there was anyone else in the house other than just them, "in case you'd wake up in the middle of the night and freak out. You've spent a few nights here, but never had to wake up in the living room before."

"You could've woken me up and told me to go upstairs," Indigo told him, her eyes following him as he walked back to stand in front of her again.

"I knew you'd wanna go home if I woke you up," Harry explained, pushing Indigo's brown hair out of her face, "and I was scared that if I carried you, I'd wake you up on accident. So the living room was the safest option."

Indigo chuckled softly and rolled her eyes. "You might not even have to prove yourself as much as I thought because that alone tells me a lot," she told him with a fond smile as she dragged her finger over his t-shirt, playing with the fabric.

"Shh, there's still a lot I want to prove," Harry whispered as he grabbed her hand to catch her attention, before gently taking hold of her jaw.

"Can I?" he added in a whisper, his free hand disappearing underneath her t-shirt, causing a soft surprised gasp to fall from her parted lips.