Chapter Thirty Two {New}

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 — 𝑬𝑫𝑰𝑻𝑬𝑫

  Δ  18+ 𝒂𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅  Δ

𝑹𝒐𝒍𝒇

A heavy sigh slipped from my lips, a sound laden with the weight of unspoken emotions.

Days had drifted by like leaves caught in a gentle breeze, and now we stood on the precipice of our final ceremonial gathering—a bittersweet parting celebration. Tonight, the echoes of laughter and revelry would fill the grand halls of my house of pillars, a fitting backdrop for a night that felt like an ending, even as it promised new beginnings.

Rachel would soon return to her studies, while I would be left to navigate the mundanity of my duties. The thought gnawed at me like a persistent ache, knowing that our moments together had been all too fleeting. Each day felt like sand slipping through my fingers, and though I was constantly occupied with responsibilities, my heart ached for the memories we had yet to create.

But then again, perhaps there was no need for sorrow. In my heart, I knew that I was hers for eternity.

Forever.

The thought brought a grin to my face, a wild and elated expression that felt almost manic in its intensity. I couldn’t help but admire myself in the mirror for a moment longer, my curly hair falling perfectly into place, each lock gleaming as if kissed by starlight. Draping a black robe over my shoulders, its fabric felt luxurious against my skin. The high collar, sharp and regal, was adorned with glittering, golden star-shaped designs that cascaded down to the floor, wrapping around my muscular frame like a second skin.

The fabric clung to my biceps, highlighting the contours of my triceps, while my chest heaved against the material, rippling with anticipation as I moved. The robe featured a daring v-cut at the front, exposing a glimpse of my chest, accentuated by three golden buttons that trailed from my lower abdomen to my waist. A split in the middle revealed the sleek pants and knee-length boots beneath, completing the ensemble with a touch of elegance and authority.

As I strolled down the corridor, the vibrant sounds of chattering voices and the delicate clinking of glassware swirled around me, accompanied by the enchanting strains of violins that filled the air like a sweet perfume. Approaching the grand, imposing doors, I noticed the golden fae lights dim slightly, a natural response to the dark power I wielded. With a wave of my hand, a vision flickered into existence, revealing my people lost in merriment beyond the threshold. A smile tugged at my lips as I observed their joy; I could see anything I desired, for no barrier could confine my vision.

The air was thick with the mingling scents of fine perfumes and sumptuous delicacies, while the absence of my parents—tangled in their own
affairs—left a hollow ache in my chest.

"Where are you, darling?" I reached out through our mind link, a thread of connection that anchored me amid the swirling emotions. We were meant to make our entrance together; after all, we were a couple, united in this dance of destiny.

Barely half a minute passed before I felt her presence behind me, a warmth that enveloped my heart.

"I’m right here, love," she replied, her voice like a soft melody.

A smile broke free on my face, illuminating my features as I slowly turned to face her. Words eluded me as I beheld her breathtaking beauty. Her hair cascaded in perfectly styled curls, held back by a delicate butterfly-shaped golden hairpin, with loose strands framing her face like a waterfall of glistening snow. Her flawless skin radiated a soft glow, accentuated by bold red lipstick that ignited a longing within me, a fierce elegance that left me breathless.