♡ Chapter Two ♡ New

𝐓𝐖𝐎 ~ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ°°

Ⓡⓐⓒⓗⓔⓛ'ⓢ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓓⓐⓨ

۞ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐕𝐢𝐞𝐰 ۞𝔂𝓸𝓾

𝑹𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒘𝒐𝒌𝒆 to the tantalizing aroma of sizzling onions, tomatoes, garlic, and other spices wafting from the kitchen. Her stomach rumbled in anticipation, and a smile spread across her face. It was Saturday, a day of freedom from school.

Her parents were overjoyed after receiving the generous sum she had brought from Father Moses. The previous night, they had excitedly planned a grocery shopping trip for the following morning.

Rachel guessed they had already gone and came back, judging by the commotion downstairs.

She was deeply grateful to God for everything, especially for the kind priest who had helped them. As she rolled out of bed, a sharp pain shot through her thighs, reminding her of yesterday's chase.

"Ouch," she muttered, wincing slightly. "I almost forgot about that."
Rachel never spoke about the incident to her parents, not wanting to trouble them.

Standing in front of her mirror, she surveyed her messy hair that looked like a bird's nest. A knock at the door interrupted her musings.

"Rachel?" her mother, Rosa, called.

"Come in, Mama!" she replied, turning around.

"Good morning, my dear," Rosa said, approaching her daughter with a warm embrace.

"Aww, good morning, Mama," Rachel replied, burying her face in her mother's neck. "You smell amazing! What perfume is that?"

"It's Jasmine," Rosa replied with a laugh. "I bought it today."

"It's intoxicating," Rachel said, smiling.

"Well, I've already intoxicated your handsome father," Rosa teased.

Rachel blushed, her smile widening.

"You're so cute when you blush," Rosa said, pulling away. "We're preparing a delicious meal, and-"

"I can smell it from here," Rachel interrupted.

"Yes, and Aunt Jenna is coming over," Rosa added, her voice softening.

Rachel's smile faded. Her aunt's arrival meant it was time for her to leave. The early mornings, the transportation costs, and the demanding school schedule were taking a toll.

After their brief conversation, her mother left to let her get ready. Rosa was a stunning woman, with thick blonde curly hair, a model-like figure, and a youthful glow. Her eyes had softened slightly with age, requiring thin-rimmed glasses, but her beauty remained undeniable.

Her father, Alaric, was a handsome and faithful man, and a loving father to their two children, Rachel and Sasha. Sasha, the youngest, was a hardworking twelve-year-old who had recently started boarding school.
As Rachel walked down the hallway, she tried to remind herself to be happy. Promising herself that she would return home as soon as they were financially stable.

Upon entering the kitchen, Rachel was greeted by the sight of her boyfriend, Nathan, and her best friend, Zhavia. Her mood instantly brightened.

"Finally, she's here," Rosa exclaimed, entering the kitchen.

Nathan was just standing, leaning against the wall while lazily scrolling through his iPhone, as Zhavia helped Rosa chop some vegetables.

He looked up, a smile spreading across his face.
"Ray? Oh my gosh, I missed you, baby," he said, rushing forward to embrace her.