Chapter Thirty One {New}

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ~ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ

18+

𝑹𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒍

"I'm going to make love to you on that sofa, as I apologize until you forgive me."

His words hung in the air like a delicate promise, igniting a flutter of butterflies deep within my stomach. Yet, an ember of anger smoldered beneath the surface, fueled by the memory of him kissing Detrisha. What had transpired between them when she had knelt before him? The image gnawed at my insides, a dark shadow overshadowing his intentions..

As I watched him sigh, his hands gently cupped my cheeks, his touch both tender and pleading. "Forgive me, Rachel, for falling into her snares. I need you to understand that everything that happened was beyond my control. I swear to you, nothing transpired between us after that dreadful kiss. Soon, you'll witness what I did to her when I demanded she kneels."

It was as if he could plumb the depths of my thoughts, reading the turmoil that churned within me.

So, the effort had borne fruit. "you said you'd " I replied softly, a smile breaking through the layers of hurt.

In that moment, my heart felt lighter, as if the weight of bitterness and insecurity melted away like morning fog under the sun’s warm embrace. He returned my smile, a genuine expression that illuminated his features, restoring a glimmer of happiness that had been lost.

He shifted away, casually ambling to the sofa, where he sank into the cushions with a groan—an unmistakably sultry sound that sent a thrill racing through me. His gaze roamed my form, and he patted his lap, an invitation laced with mischief.

"Come here," he beckoned, his fingers curling enticingly.

With a strut reminiscent of a fledgling penguin learning to waddle, I approached and settled onto his thighs. He chuckled, shaking his head in disapproval. "Is that how you're going to ride me?"

I blinked in surprise, momentarily caught off guard. "Then how do you want me to—"

"Straddle me, sweetheart. That's how I want you," he interrupted, his brows arching in playful challenge.

Understanding his unspoken desire, I placed my palms on his shoulders for balance, positioning myself on either side of him.

"Oh, fuck…good girl," he murmured, his voice a low growl as he wrapped his arms possessively around my waist.

"Did you dress up so well for me, too?" I teased, my fingers gliding over the hard planes of his chest and down to his sculpted abdomen. His eyes, slightly hooded and glimmering with a hint of desire, followed my every movement, each brush igniting a fire within him.

He chuckled softly, a sound that resonated with warmth. "Who else would I look this good for, if not you?"

A smile crept across my lips; it made perfect sense. My heart swelled with a mix of pride and longing. I wanted him to be mine alone, to reserve that allure solely for me.

"Mm-mh," he grinned, his hands slipping from my waist. "You’re quite the envious little wife," he teased, his fingers dancing along the delicate spaghetti straps of my dress before slipping them off my shoulders, leaving them to dangle loosely at my sides.

"Yes, I—" My response was cut short as he pulled me closer, his cool lips trailing kisses along the curve of my neck down to my shoulder blade. My thoughts scattered like leaves in a breeze, leaving me utterly consumed by desire.

"Be rough with me tonight, remind me that I belong to you," I breathed out, my voice a mere whisper, filled with longing as his warm tongue traced the nape of my neck.