Chapter 3

Calm down, Kiara. Breathe in, breathe out. It's no big deal. What's the worst he can do? He'll ignore you.

So what? He's been doing it for a whole year.

I took a deep breath and headed to the living room.

The familiar lovely laugh pulled a smile on my lips. I slowly walked out and stood behind Maa.

He's gotten more handsome and built-up. He wasn't thin and lean anymore and God, puberty hit him really hard.

I couldn't take my eyes off him. And that smile, it's like, it was sewed on my lips.

But the smile vanished as soon as a girl stepped inside the house while dragging a suitcase with her.

Don't tell me he got a girlfriend already. Kanha, don't do this me.

I stared at her while she dragged the suitcase and stood beside my Siddharth.

"Maa, she's Amelia. My girlfriend." He smiled at her cheekily and wrapped his arms around Amelia's waist, while i just stood there and stared at them in horror.

Hi-his girlfriend? You've got to be kidding me, right?

"Who are you?" I came out of my reverie and looked at Siddhart as if he has grown two horns on his head.

Who am I? Is he fucking serious? He doesn't remember me?

Fuck you Amelia. I know you're the reason why he started ignoring me in the first place.

"Siddhart, are you kidding me?" Maa stepped in and my eyes landed on his hand, he wasn't wearing our friendship bracelet.

My heart ached as his words rang in my ears.

"The day I'll stop wearing this bracelet would be the day I'll leave this world. Because our friendship will last till my last breath."

Before she could say anything, I muster up the courage and snarl, "The girl who was there for you through out your life but you started ignoring her as soon as your so called other half came into your life."

I stomp my feet and left from there while wiping my tears.

How can he forget me? Was I so insignificant in his life? Didn't I mean anything to him?

I stomp in my house and ran to my room, ignoring my Mumma's call, asking me what's wrong.

I slammed my bedroom door shut behind and slumped against the door. Allowing the tears to fall off my eyes.

Our 24 years of friendship meant nothing to him? Was I so insignificant in his life that he can't even recognise me just because he didn't saw me for a year?

Fuck you Siddharth Singh.

I looked at the bracelet, wrath coursing through my veins and I pulled it harshly off my wrist and threw it on the floor.

I don't want to keep his fucking gift when he was out there, living his life without having a single thought about me.

How stupid I was to think we could have some romantic relationship?

I shouldn't have kept any expectations and hopes because when the life don't follow your expectations, it hurts. It hurts so fucking bad that you lock yourself away from the real world and torture yourself for something that wasn't your fault.

But I won't do something like this. If he doesn't remember me, our friendship, then be it that way.

Now that I've broken the cage of his friendship, I'm going to live for myself. And just because I and him didn't happen, doesn't mean the world ends there. There are plenty of fishes in the sea.