Chapter 12

“What do you think you're doing Nathan?” Amelia snatched her hands from his grip and glared at him.

“What are you doing?” Nathan hissed.

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is, you left me because you wanted to be something then what the heck are you doing here? What about your ambitions Amelia!”

Her name on his tongue felt strange. He was saying her name out loud almost after a decade.

“Because I love him!” She whisper-yelled at Nathan.

A pang of hurt and jealousy hammered in his chest. She loved him too. Or maybe she just said that she did.

“And you loved me too! But you didn't give up your ambitions for me even after I was ready to stay however you wished!”

“Look Nathan. You're no one to question what I do in my life. You don't have that right. So please stay out of it.”

“Are you fucking kidding me? I'm thinking about you Amelia!” He exclaimed and banged his hand on the wall in frustration.

Amelia jumped in her place.
“And you don't have to think about me! I have my fiance for that!” She yelled at him as a tear rolled off her eyes, down her cheek.

The tension was thick between them. Nathan's eyes were filled with rage, he wanted to know why Amelia was doing this.

“I must go now. Siddarth must be waiting for me.” Amelia whispered while staring at the ground.

“Amelia-”

“Enough Nathan.” Amelia cut him off.

“Stay out of my life. And don't tell Kiara anything. I don't want her to choose between us.” With that Amelia turned around and left without looking back at Nathan.

Nostalgia flew in the air as Amelia walked to Singh Mansion, once again leaving a messed up Nathan behind her. While Nathan stood at the door and stared at her retrieving figure in tears.

•••••

“Siddarth keep that damn cockroach away from me! I'll slap you!” Kiara screamed while running down the stairs with Siddarth who was running behind Kiara with a dead cockroach in his hand.

“Ahhh!” Kiara yelled when the dead cockroach landed on her hand. She frantically pushed the cockroach of her body and glared at Siddarth who was laughing at her.

“You bitch!” She cursed and threw the pillow at him from the couch.

She began to throw everything in her reach. Siddarth was laughing until Kiara picked up the ceramic vase from the table.

Siddarth's eyes widened as she glared at him and walked towards him.

“Kiara! Keep it down! I'm your best friend baby!” Siddarth ran for his life while screaming as a furious Kiara ran behind him with a vase in her hand.

“Maa! Maa! Save me from this witch!” Siddarth inside the kitchen where Mrs. Singh and Mrs. Mehra were preparing food.

“Aree what happened?” Mrs. Mehra asked when Siddarth used her as his human shield.

“Maa look at her! She's trying to kill me!” Siddarth dramatically complained to his maa, Mrs. Mehra.

“I know you must have done something first. My Kiara isn't like that.” Mrs. Singh caressed Kiara's cheek and hugged her shoulders.

While she pulled Siddarth's ears.

“Aree maa! I didn't do anything.” Siddarth hissed while Kiara giggled at him.

“Why are you laughing at him? You are not less.” Mrs. Mehra stepped in and pulled Kiara's ears.

This time, Siddarth laughed at Kiara.

“Don't laugh at me.” Kiara snapped at him.

“Or else what?” Siddarth retorted.

“See maa!”

“Siddarth.” Mrs. Singh glared at him.

“Aee don't glare at my son. This Kiara is provoking him.” Mrs. Mehra scolded Mrs. Singh.

“Right maa. First she provokes me and complains about me to maa.” Siddharth complained to Mrs. Mehra who caressed his cheeks while he rested his head on her shoulder while hugging her from back.

Kiara's mom glared at her while Siddharth winked and grinned at her.

“Why do you trouble him so much?” Mrs. Mehra began to scold Kiara while Siddharth stood with her mom and grinned at her.

He poked his tongue out at her.

“Aree Di, leave my laadli alone. She's the sweetest kid. Siddarth causes her trouble. She's innocent. Meri pyaari beti hai.” Mrs. Singh said. (My sweet child.)

“Yes maa.” Kiara pouted and hugged Siddarth's mother.

“Liar!” Siddarth yelled.

“Aee don't call me a liar!” Kiara retorted.

“Maa see!”

“Yes and? Jhooti ko jhooti nahi toh aur kya bolunga? Mein toh baar baar bolunga. Jhooti, jhooti, jhooti!" (If I won't call a liar a liar then what else would I say? I will say it again and again. Liar, liar, liar!)

“Siddarth! Suar insaan!” Kiara picked up the vase and ran towards him again.

“Bachao! Maa!” Siddharth yelled and ran out of the kitchen while both the mother's stood and laughed at them.

Manifesting that love will blossom between them and their friendship will turn into a relationship.

Unaware to them, both of them had feelings for each other but no one was aware of it.

•••••

Siddarth grumbled in his sleep and flipped on the other side.

Amelia smiled and looked at his face, shining under the moonlight of the room.

After the encounter with Nathan, she was very disturbed mentally.

And as usual just by looking at Siddarth every tension, trouble and problem left her mind. She was at peace.

Yes, Amelia wanted to be a renowned person and she's still going to do that. But after marrying Siddarth. With Siddharth, Amelia can have her world falling apart but still be happy because he is with her.

“Kiara stop.” Siddarth muttered in his sleep and tugged on Amelia's hand.

Amelia's smile dropped as she stared at her sleeping fiance who just took his best friend's name in his sleep. Which means he is dreaming about her.

“What the actual fuck Sidd.” Amelia whispered as tears welled up in her eyes.

All the emotions again came back at once and for the first time in eight years, Amelia cried because of Siddharth.

Amelia allowed the tears to leash all the emotions out of her heart and she cried to sleep.

Unaware that this wasn't the first and last time she was crying because of him.

•••••

I intentionally did not put Siddharth's past dream in italics. He was dreaming about their past in his dream.

Haha!

Hope you liked the chapter!

Vote and comment!
Follow me on Instagram and Scrollstack: ishawrites_2007

See ya in next chapter!