Chapter 7

Kiara and Amelia's Chat before Kiara went to Singh's House

Kiara placed the phone on the dressing table and looked at herself.

She wasn't looking so bad. The yellow chikankari kurti with torn jeans wasn't looking so bad on her. Her make-up was in place too.

The nude shade suited her face perfectly.

She was feeling pretty today. It wasn't always, when she felt pretty in her skin.

Sure she was pretty but not as pretty as Amelia or any of Siddarth's ex girlfriends. Maybe that's why he didn't fall in love with her.

She smiled while staring in the mirror. Her hair were perfect. Her make-up was perfect. She smiled and picked up her phone.

Snapping a photo of her, she picked up her bag from beside the mirror and placed her hair brush, lipstick, sanitizer, tissue and sunscreen in it from the dressing table.

Giving a final glance at herself in the mirror. She smiled and stepped out of her room.

"Mumma I'm leaving!" Kiara informed her mother as she flew down the stairs.

"Okay! Take care sweetheart! Enjoy!" Mrs. Mehra yelled from the couch while her eyes were focused on the television show.

•••••••••

"Hello my pretty mother!" Kiara barged into the living room with a big smile on her lips.

"Hello my beautiful princess." Mrs. Singh greeted from the couch. Kiara grinned and sat beside her on the couch.

"Where's Amelia?" Kiara questioned.

"Here." Amelia's voice answered from the kitchen, who came out carrying a tray of four glasses filled with cold coffee.

Kiara's eye widened as she looked at Amelia's new avatar. Her Desi Avatar.

And God damn, she was killing it.

Her purple chikankari kurti was enchanting her look more, making her look more vibrant and pretty.

"Oh My God." Kiara huffed, "You're killing it, Em."

Amelia giggled and placed the tray on the coffee table.

"Thank you, thank you." Amelia flattered and sat beside Kiara on the couch.

"Kiara, my daughter-in-law is looking so pretty, isn't she?" Kiara snapped her head in Mrs. Singh's direction with her eyes wide open.

Amelia's jaw dropped on the floor. She couldn't believe what she just heard. Mrs. Singh just called her, her daughter-in-law.

"Mumma?" Kiara uttered softly with a smile on her lips, she was so happy. She didn't thought Mrs. Singh would accept Amelia so easily.

Mrs. Singh blinked her eyes with a smile on her lips in affirmation. Kiara grinned and threw her arms around Amelia.