Chapter 11

Amelia couldn't make herself believe that it was Nathan, her Nathan standing in front of her.

Smiling and not crying the way he was when she left him.

She was cruel to him, to his love, his heart.

Now that he was in front of her eyes, smiling and happy. Amelia was content that he wasn't still crying over her.

When his emerald orbs gazed at her, Amelia’s body shuddered in nervousness. She began to grumble under his gaze.

A tint of hurt and betrayal was still visible in his eyes for her. He was staring at her with so many emotions at once.

“Em?” Kiara's voice pulled Amelia out of her delusion.

“Huh?” Kiara was standing in front of her with a piece of cake in her hand. Amelia smiled and opened her mouth.

“Happy birthday Kiki.” She wished Kiara and hugged her.

“Thank you so much.” Kiara hugged her back.

“So Em, this is the person I was talking about.” Kiara pulled Amelia along with her and stepped in front of Nathan.

“Nathan this is Amelia, Em this is my Taylor Swift.” Nathan laughed at her for calling him Taylor Swift.

And Amelia's heart bloomed with happiness when she heard his laugh after eight years.

Was the love she had buried deep down in her heart for Nathan was making its way out? Or was it just that she was happy that he was happy without her? But then why was she feeling a pang of burning in her chest when he hugged Kiara?

“Nathan, you really gave me the best surprise! I was upset thinking you forgot about my birthday.” Kiara pouted and side hugged him.

“I could never darling.” He pecked Kiara's forehead and smirked at Amelia.

Love can make you do stupid things right?

Nathan was trying to make Amelia jealous of his relationship with Kiara despite claiming that he wasn't in love with Amelia anymore.

Maybe he wasn't, but the feeling of revenge was clawing the skin of his heart. He wanted to even out for every tear he shedded after her betrayal.

Whereas Amelia was worried how Kiara would react when she figured out that Nathan is the same person whose heart Amelia broke and left to bleed mercilessly.

Can you leave the person you love for your own good? Or would you let them destroy you because you love them?

“Let's have dinner, kiddos!” Mrs. Mehra clapped her hand and pulled the attention towards her.

“Em, baby, you too have dinner with us.”

Amelia cracked a heartless smile and nodded her head.

Nathan's decided not to pay attention to her and ruin his day.

“Let's go Maa,” Nathan grabbed Kiara's and Mrs. Mehra's hands and dragged them downstairs.

Amelia stayed still in her place. Her mind was in daze, it wasn't functioning after seeing Nathan after so long.

“Em!” Kiara's voice pulled her out of her daze.

“Coming!” Amelia yelled and ran downstairs.

•••••

“So Amelia, do you stay here?” Nathan questioned her. Curiosity was killing him, he wanted to know what she was doing here. In India out of all the places.

Amelia choked on her food out of nervousness.

“Aree!” Mrs. Mehra immediately handed a glass of water to Kiara who was sitting beside Amelia and rubbing her back.

After calming down, Amelia slowly drank the water and took a deep breath.

“Are you okay?” Kiara asked worriedly.

Amelia nodded her head and smiled at her.
“I'm.”

Her nose was burning with the food which travelled in her nose through the pipe.

Kiara looked at Nathan who was pointing his eyes towards Amelia.

She arched her brow urging to continue but he kept trying to ask her through her eyes.

Eventually, Kiara scratched her head and gave him a stupid smile.

Nathan smacked his head with his palm and shook his head.

He looked at Mrs. Mehra and Amelia both, who were quietly eating their food.

And tried to make her understand but saying the words but uttering them. That is he was lipsing the words slowly so she would understand.

“Is she the one? Siddarth's fiance?” He showed his ring finger to make her understand better.

Kiara's eyes widened a little when she understood what Nathan was trying to ask and she nodded her head in yes.

Nathan gave her a ‘really’ look and Kiara glared at him but nodded her head.

Nathan shrugged as if it doesn't associate with him or it doesn't matter to him.

When in reality, his heart was hurting after learning that Amelia is getting married. Not because she was marrying someone else but because she left him because she wanted to become a recognise personality.

He couldn't understand why it was hurting so bad. He thought he loves Kiara now and he is still adamant about that but Amelia still holds some bit of his love in his heart.

Can love ever vanish?

•••••

After dinner, Kiara was helping Mrs. Mehra in the kitchen and Amelia was sitting in the living room in front of Nathan, who was looking at her without any expression on his face.

He was dying to talk with her, he wanted to know how she ended up here. What about her career? What happened to it?

She left him because she wanted to be something, someone big, a big personality then why? Why is she getting married!

“Kiara I'm leaving!” Amelia yelled and got from the sofa as she was feeling nervous and awkward under Nathan's gaze. She couldn't even comprehend his expressions and thoughts.

“Nathan drop her off at the door.” Kiara ordered Nathan.

“No, it's -”
But Amelia was cut off by Nathan.

“Shut up and come with me. I need to talk to you.” He grabbed Amelia's hand and took her to the porch of the mansion.

•••••

Nathan's mind is playing games with him..
And it might seem little confusing right now because of Amelia's and Nathan's feelings but it will all work out better..

So make sure you vote and comment.
Follow me on Scrollstack and Instagram : ishawrites_2007

See ya in next chapter!