Chapter 14

Nathan ran maniacally on the path. He desperately wanted to be with her and hug her.

Nathan was aware that Amelia was very emotional and sensitive.

“I'm coming Em. I'm coming.” He whispered as he ran as fast as he could.

His heart was pounding in his chest. His eyes were in desperate need to see her and make her feel loved and content.

“Amelia.” He called out as he entered the park.

•••••

Amelia sat on the swing as tears welled up in her eyes. The whole park was empty. There were few people strolling around other than that there was no one.

The silence crept in herself and everything that's been happening to her.

She was also feeling guilty for turning to Nathan for emotional support. She left him to cry and die when she broke his heart but he was the only one who came for her when she was suffering.

Guilt dawn in her heart.

“Amelia.” Her head turned towards the voice. Her eyes met his desperate face, as she got up from the swing and ran towards him.

“Nathan.” she cried out as she stood in front of him.

Nathan cupped her cheeks as his desperate and panicked eyes wandered all over her face, trying to find if she was hurt.

“Are you okay? Why are you crying? Are you hurt?”

Amelia shook her head while sobbing. Pushing the little self-respect in her aside, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him as if her life depended on him.

“He-he,” she choked on her words as more tears fell down her cheeks, staining his clothes with the pain her tears held.

“Em, Em, darling, calm down and tell me what's wrong. Did Siddharth do something? Did he hurt you?” Nathan caressed her cheeks and pecked her forehead before wrapping her in his warm and protective embrace again.

His heart was clutching in his chest.

Eight years, even after so many years, the desperation, the urge to be there for her when she needed him was the same. He couldn't stop himself from coming to her. He couldn't control his heart.

“Amelia please tell me did Siddharth do something? I'll rip his skin apart! Tell me please. Did he do something to you?” Nathan questioned while resting his head on her head and caressing her hair.

Amelia tried to speak but couldn't utter anything. More pain came out of her in the form of tears.

“First calm down sweetheart.” She nodded her head and started taking deep breaths, trying to control her sobs which now turned into hiccups.

“Come with me.” He untangled his arms and grabbed her hand.

Nathan made her seat on the bench which was nearest to the bubbler. He went there and checked if the water was drinkable.

And later called her there. After drinking the water, Amelia seemed to be a little calm. Her hiccups reduced too.

Nathan removed his handkerchief from his back pocket and wiped her mouth with it.

Amelia's skin burnt when his finger brushed over her lips. Her heart began to pound in her chest when his eyes rested for a while on her lips.

A shiver ran down her spine when he wiped the non existent water from the corner of her lips by his fingers.

“Nathan,” she stuttered and averted her eyes from his gaze.

Nathan came back to his senses and created distance between them.