Chapter 118: Walk with us

They were nearly trapped, the walkers continued to gain ground from behind

More fire arrows went through the sky and landed behind the walls of Hilltop, hitting Barrington House and other small buildings.

Xander's heart suddenly dropped, hoping that the others were okay.

He noticed Carol at the top of the wall with her bow, shooting walkers behind them alongside some other people to give them a chance to make it through.

"C'mon!" Daryl yelled as they had a chance to go past the walls, not wasting any time as the walkers were right behind them.

The fire didn't stop the walkers from breaking through, but made it easier to see them at least.

The walkers pushed their way through the walls caught on fire, but Xander didn't hesitate to cut them down.

Those with shields started to jam up the walkers as others set off the catapults behind the walls.

More walkers continued to fight back before they were either crushed, sliced or shot.

Some Whisperers managed to get through as well by the look of their heads and fake walker appearance.

"SKINS!" Xander shouted, running over to the others before one could attack.

He swing his sword as one raised their knife at someone, then slicing their leg and they fell to the ground.

They landed with a groan until their noises were silenced, Xander's sword met with their head until it was cleanly cut off.

More appeared around them, but everyone caught on and attacked them.

Xander noticed another one near him with a knife again, it ran over to Xander ready to attack, but he swing his sword again and it jumped back for a second.

They stood their ground before taking another opportunity to jump with their knife raised, Xander quickly ducked onto the group with his sword raised.

Their stomach made impact with the sword with a squelch and a yelp escaping their lips, Xander kicked the body off the sword and flicked off the dripping blood.

"It's workin'. They're slowin' down." Daryl pointed out, seeing the walkers slowen their pace due to the blockage.

More explosions went off because of the fire, causing other walls to fall down so more walkers could flood in.

"Walls down. Follow me!"

Xander ran with Daryl and others to stop the walkers from coming in, stabbing the walkers he could see in front of him.

Multiple explosions went off however it didn't stop him from killing the monsters around him, despite how long it took, all of them ended up fighting through the night.