𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 , ❝ i know you're not a monster ❞

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆   ,   𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍

episode three ; we visit the garden gnome
emporium

BEATRICE AND THE three were walking together in a forest. they had all managed to get far away from the bus and alecto.

birds chirped and beatrice admired the beauty of the nature around her.

"somewhere up ahead this turns into a satyr path." grover informed them.

"what's a satyr path?" percy asked his best friend.

"it's a road through the wilderness." grover answered. "satyr explorers use them. harder to track us."

"that's great, but what if we stay in the wilderness?" percy questioned the satyr. "how are we gonna find a phone?"

"what do we need a phone for?" beatrice asked as she walked aside annabeth.

"so we can call camp." percy answered the young adult. "t-to get help." he looked at grover.

"we don't need help." annabeth told the blond boy. "we're fine.

percy scoffed at her. "we're fine. we haven't even gotten to trenton, and we're wandering through a forest. i didn't even know they had forests in new jersey, but we've found one." he said. "i would say we're the opposite of fine."

"we were sent on a quest by the oracle," beatrice told him, turning her head back to look at percy. "by the gods. what'd you think, it would be easy?"she raised her eyebrows at the blond.

"it's supposed to be hard." annabeth added in with a stern tone in her voice. "that's why only certain people are chosen."

"if we call camp, we're basically saying it was a mistake to choose us." beatrice then said, putting her hand on annabeth's shoulder to calm her down.

"i'm completely comfortable with that." percy told the two girls. "everyone makes mistakes."

annabeth sucked in a breath then turned around to look at percy. "why are you so afraid of who you are?" she asked, her voice shifting to a more serious tone. they all stopped walking.

"what?"

beatrice went to speak up, but grover cut her off. "you know, what's interesting about this particular satyr path is it's actually the one my uncle ferdinand took when he set out on his own quest." the satyr tried to break up the tension between the twelve year olds.