𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐 , ❝ i know you don't have good history with sirens! ❞

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐍𝐆   ,   𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍

episode five ; annabeth tries
to swim home

PERCY FINALLY FOUND something he was good at.

the queen anne's revenge responded to his every command. he knew which ropes to hoist, which sails to raise, which direction to steer. they plowed through the waves at what he figured was about ten knots. he even understood how fast that was. for a sailing ship, pretty darn fast.

it all felt perfect— the wind in his face, the waves breaking over the prow.

they sailed through the night.

annabeth tried to help him keep lookout, but sailing didn't agree with her. after a few hours of rocking back and forth, annabeth's face turned guacamole and she went below to lie in a hammock.

beatrice stayed up with percy. they stood side by side for a while, comfortable in the shared silence.

finally, percy broke the quiet. "hey, beatrice," he said softly, glancing at her. "can i ask you something?"

beatrice turned her head to look at him, a small smile playing on her lips. "sure, percy. what's up?"

percy hesitated, then took a deep breath. "back at camp, when luke... when he visited you. what happened? i mean, you two kissed, right? do you think he'll ever change his mind about helping kronos?"

beatrice's smiled faded, her expression turning serious. she knew sooner or later someone was gonna ask her about luke. "yeah, we did kiss. it was... complicated. i was so angry at him for everything he's done, for betraying us. but when he was there, it was like the old luke for a moment. his charm just... pulled me in."

percy nodded, his brow furrowed. "do you think there's any hope for him? that he might come back to our side?"

the adult sighed, her gaze distant. "i want to believe that he can change, percy. but he's so deep into this. he's convinced that helping kronos is the right thing to do. when we talked, he was so determined to recruit me, so sure that this was the only way to fix things."

percy looked down at his hands, gripping the railing tightly. "i hate thinking that there's no hope for him. he used to be our friend and well... he's your boyfriend."

beatrice's eyes softened as she placed a hand on percy's arm. "i know, percy. it's hard to let go of the hope that he might come back. but sometimes, people make choices that lead them down dark paths. all we can do is try to stop him from causing any more harm and hope that, someday, he finds his way back."