𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 , ❝ capture the flag with the hunters ❞

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆   ,   𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍

episode two ; thalia torches
new england

BEATRICE MOVED THROUGH camp with a focused determination, announcing to each cabin about capture the flag game schedule for the next evening with percy. as she reached the aphrodite cabin, her announcement carried a hint of weariness. it had been a long and painful journey back to camp half-blood. she was still healing, her ribs aching with every breath, and her mind was spinning with all that had happened.

once she was done, she finally allowed herself to breathe, heading straight for the cabin. the pink and white accents of the aphrodite cabin felt both familiar and jarring after being away for college. beatrice stepped inside and took a moment to savor the sweet scent of roses and perfume, the comforting clutter of makeup kits, mirrors, and fashion magazines scattered around. it was chaotic, but it was home.

"bea!" a delighted voice rang out, and before beatrice could react, she was tackled into a tight hug. silena beauregard, her half-sister, practically launched herself at beatrice, wrapping her arms around her and squeezing tight.

beatrice winced, feeling a sharp pain radiate through her bruised ribs, but she didn't pull away. instead, she managed a small smile, strained smile, hugging silena back with as much strength as she could muster.

"silena," she gasped, trying to keep the pain from her voice, "i'm back."

silena quickly pulled away, noticing beatrice's pained expression. "oh, gods, i'm so sorry! i didn't realize— you're hurt!" her hands fluttered around, unsure whether to help or give beatrice space.

the adult chuckled softly, waving a hand to show it was okay. "don't worry about it. i'm just... still a little sore from, you know, getting tossed around by a manticore." she tried to make light of it, but her face tightened at the memory.

silena's eyes widened, a mixture of horror and fascination. "a manticore? bea, you've got to tell me everything." she gently guided beatrice over to a plush chair near the vanity, her eyes practically sparklingly with curiosity. "but first, you have to spill all the tea. college life? life outside? and how in the world did you get tangled up with a manticore?"

"i was on a rescue mission that percy wanted my help on." beatrice said. "we were supposed to be keeping an eye on these two demigods kids, but things got out of hand real fast. dr. thorn—the manticore—figured me out. he corned me, dragged me away, and basically used me as his punching bag." she swallowed, her tone becoming more darker. "he said he knew luke. he taunted me about him while he was beating me."