𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 , ❝ hunters of artemis ❞

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆   ,   𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍

episode one ; my rescue operation
goes very wrong

BEATRICE CLUTCHED HER side as she, thalia, annabeth, and grover rushed outside to save percy and the di angelos after grover heard percy shout for him in his head.

as they found percy and the di angelos, annabeth told them their plan before putting on her baseball cap. beatrice gripped her dagger in her hand, thalia holding her spear, and grover held his reed pipe.

annabeth ran forward and plowed into the di angelos and percy, knocking them into the ground. for a split second, dr. thorn was taken by surprise, so his first volley of missiles zipped harmlessly over their heads. that gave thalia, grover, and beatrice a chance to advance from behind— thalia wielding her magic shield, aegis.

if you've never seen thalia run into battle, you have never been truly frightened. she used her huge spear that expanded from this collapsible mace canister she carries in her pocket, but that's not the scary part. her shield is modeled after one her dad zeus uses— also called aegis— a gift from athena. the shield has the head of the gorgan medusa molded into the bronze, and even though it won't turn you to stone, it's so horrible, most people will panic and run at the sight of it.

even dr. thorn winced and growled when he saw it.

thalia moved in with her spear. "for zeus!"

thalia jabbed at his head, but he snarled and swatted the spear aside. his hand changed into an orange paw, with enormous claws that sparked against thalia's shield as he slashed. if it hadn't been for aegis, thalia would've been sliced like a loaf of bread. as it was, she managed to roll backward and land on her feet.

the sound of a helicopter filled beatrice's ears, but she didn't dare look.

beatrice sprang forward with her dagger. even though she was in pain, she would still fight no matter what. her dagger, venus, gleamed in her hand as she charged at dr. thorn. she aimed for his side. her blade cut through the air with precision, but before it could reach its mark, dr. thorn whirled around, his tail whipping through the air with a sickening speed.

"you again?" he sneered, his voice dripping with mockery. "you must have a death wish, girl. didn't you learn the first time?"

beatrice's heart pounded, but she didn't hesitate. she darted in again, her dagger flashing toward his chest. dr. thorn laughed, a low, menacing sound that sent a shiver down her spine. his clawed hand batted away her dagger, but beatrice didn't care. she kept going, slashing and thrusting with every ounce of strength she had.