𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 , ❝ angry luke alert !! ❞

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆   ,   𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 , 𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍

episode six ; i go down with
the ship

"YOU'D THINK HE'D run out of rocks," percy muttered.

"swim for it!" grover said.

he, clarisse, and beatrice plunged into the surf. annabeth hung onto clarisse's neck and tried to paddle with one hand, the wet fleece weighing her down. beatrice was quick help out.

but the monster's attention wasn't on the fleece.

"you, young cyclops!" polyphemus roared. "traitor to your kind!"

tyson froze.

"don't listen to him!" percy pleaded. "come on."

percy pulled tyson's arm, but might as well have been pulling a mountain. tyson turned and faced the older cyclops. "i am not a traitor."

"you serve mortals!" polyphemus shouted. "thieving humans!"

polyphemus threw his first boulder. tyson swatted it aside with his fist.

"not a traitor," tyson said. "and you are not my kind."

"death or victory!" polyphemus charged into the surf, but his foot was still wounded. he immediately stumbled and fell on his face. that would've been funny, except he started to get up again, spitting salt water and growling.

"percy!" beatrice yelled. "come on!"

they were almost to the ship with the fleece. if percy could just keep the monster distracted a little longer...

"go," tyson told percy. "i will hold big ugly?"

"no! he'll kill you!" he'd already lost tyson once. he wasn't going to lose him again. "we'll fight him together."

"together," tyson agreed.

beatrice, clarisse, and grover were edging closer to the ship while percy and tyson focused on defeating polyphemus. clarisse swam with powerful strokes, annabeth cradled securely in her arms, the golden fleece draped protectively over her. beside clarisse, grover and beatrice propelled themselves through the water with urgeny, the churning waves and distant roars of polyphemus spurring them on.