𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , ❝ maid of honor ❞

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆   ,   𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍

episode five ; annabeth tries
to swim home

BEATRICE CRIED AT least five times.

she had went below deck and stayed there, the happy family she had seen never leaving her mind. her parents, her children, luke's mother, and luke himself. they were all so happy.

beatrice felt miserable.

to distract herself, she fixed her hair with the snap of her fingers then worked on her makeup that was ruined by the water, and tears. her mascara was smeared, some of her foundation had come off, and her eyeliner was gone.

while fixing her makeup, beatrice could hear percy and annabeth's conversation about fatal flaws. she knew annabeth's was hubris: deadly pride, but she never knew what her own fatal flaw was. beatrice assumed it was loyalty, vanity, jealousy. anything really. she pushed their conversation away to focus on her makeup until they brought her up.

"do you know what's bea's fatal flaw?" percy asked annabeth. "i know she saw something, but... she won't tell me."

"not sure." annabeth admitted. "with her being a daughter of aphrodite, most would assume jealousy or vanity." beatrice heard her sigh. "that's not her, though. i don't even think her fatal flaw is even..."

"i think her flaw is someone."

beatrice slowly lowered her makeup brush as she listened to annabeth speak, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. the daughter of athena thinks her fatal flaw is... someone?

it went silent for a moment before percy spoke up, "who?"

annabeth didn't answer immediately. she was hesitating. "luke. it would be called hamarita. a flaw leading to the downfall of a tragic hero..."

beatrice froze in her spot. she almost wanted to burst into tears again, but she fought her emotions. the adult hadn't thought about luke being her fatal flaw. sure, she did a lot for him. like, sacrifice her life for him, she'd be protective of him, she'd go through emotion turmoil when something would happen to him, obviously she'd get jealous when a girl would show interest in him, and finally... blind trust.

that's when it hit her.

oh... my gods. the daughter of aphrodite had to stare at the wall of the ship to collect herself and thoughts.